Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    punkmamma84 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2009, 09:06 PM
    No water, pressure switch?
    Okay, so yesterday, my husband tried to take a shower. He got in and had water for maybe 5 minutes, then all the sudden it stopped. Now we have no water in the house at all. We went down to the basement, where the water pressure tank is, and found that we had a foot of water in our basement. Apparently our sump pump stopped working also. We have a deep well. We checked the breaker for the well, and the fuses didn't look to be blown, and it wasn't tripped, but we replaced the fuses anyway. We checked the pressure control switch, and it is extremely rusted and corroded. The pressure gauge was at 20, but now is at 0. I'm assuming that the switch needs to be replaced, but I don't have a clue. We are currently pumping water out of our basement, and it's almost gone, but we are weary of doing anything electrical wise while there is still standing water in the basement. Any ideas?:confused:
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 22, 2009, 05:49 AM
    If you got the sump working I would pump out the basement and then replace the control box. Do you need instructions? Regards. Tom
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2009, 11:41 AM

SB is exactly correct. And, if you can do the job yourself, it is relatively cheap, twenty five bucks or so.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water well pressure switch [ 6 Answers ]

I'm having problem with my water well pressure switch. The old one keep clicking on and off when we turn on the water. I put a new one, and its still doing the same thing. Also I could see the pressure go up and down . Can some one please tell me why its still doing the same thing. Thank you

No Water Pressure Switch help [ 7 Answers ]

I noticed my water pressure was not as good as it used to be, and that when we used water, I did not hear the switch kick on as it once did, so I went out side and seen that the switch was staying closed, so I turned off the breaker, to see if the switch would kick out and reset its self. Well this...

Water heater pressure switch. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Rheem powervent 84 gallon tank. The control valve on the unit has an LED indicator light that is flashing 4 times. The code says that if it is flashing 4 times then the pressure switch is open. What does this mean, and how do I fix this. I have no hot water.

Water pressure switch [ 6 Answers ]

My water supply comes from a well. Recently my water pressure started acting up. As we use water and the water pressure drops it gets to a point where the water stops flowing for about 5 to 8 seconds before the water starts flowing again. Someone told me that my water pressure switch might need to...

Well pressure switch turns off water [ 1 Answers ]

I have a submersible well pump with a pressure tank and a square-d pressure switch. I have it set to cycle between 30 and 65 lbs. Sometimes when the garden sprinklers are on and it swiches stations so two stations are on momentarily and the pressure is close to the low setting (30lbs) it will...

View more questions Search