Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NotAPlumber49 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2009, 06:32 PM
    Hot water to washer, not to faucets/showers
    In my 3 story TH, I have washer/dryer with water heater on 3rd floor. Hot water will flow into the washing machine, but I am not getting the hot water anywhere in the rest of the house. I would think the water heater wasn't getting cold water inflow if it wasn't for the fact that the hot water comes out in the washer, albeit slower than usual. Turning on the hot water tap only in the downstairs faucets, results in a tepid, not cold, slow flow of water, which keeps you from freezing your butt off when taking a shower, but is hardly enjoyable. What is going on here?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 5, 2009, 07:37 PM

Remove one shower head and run water through shower arm. See how much water flow you get.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is there no hot water in showers but rest of house has hot water? [ 2 Answers ]

Just moved into a new house. All the faucets have hot water but none of the showers have. Why is that?

Hot water in all three bathroom sinks BUT no hot water in the showers [ 2 Answers ]

We have recently purchased a new home. We had an inspection and all hot water was fine. After we closed and as we are now moving in over the next month we have discovered that all three showers don't have hot water. There are three full bathrooms in our new home. The Master has a separate tub (hot...

New water heater, no hot water pressure in 2 bath/showers [ 3 Answers ]

A new water heater was installed yesterday, but I have no HOT water pressure in either of my showers. Is it the old fixtures, or a leaking pipes?

No pressure or volume in any of my showers or faucets [ 11 Answers ]

When I first moved into my house I had great pressure and volume but now I have very little of anything in my house. If I flush the toilet and run my bathroom faucet the toilet shuts off from filling up until I shut the faucet off. Also if I take a shower in the back bathroom and somebody flushes...

View more questions Search