Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    firewitch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2006, 01:09 AM
    Installing a restroom in a slab closet/waterheater room?
    Hi, I am having a hard time figuring out what I can and cannot do in my closet/waterheater/powder room. There is enough room to put a shower and a toilet. There is already a sink which has been rigged to drain into the waterheater's drain pipe. This drain pipe is about 1" and disappears into the wall. Other then that 1" pipe the only larger drain pipe would be a toilet pipe which is 30 to 40 feet away(half of that being under a concrete slab porch). I really don't want to break the concrete slab. While willing (if cost effiective), I don't really want to drill through the exterior brick wall which is the only way I might be able to install a sump. But seriously, most of the options I've found involve using some type of basement bathroom system just because they have grinders which allows the toilet to hook up to be pumped into a smaller pipe drain. I will have to install a false floor in almost all my options so I am not so sure I need a pump, just a grinder. So I guess what I am asking is what is the best/cheapest options to get a toilet into my powder room?

I drew picture to help explain my current setup.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 30, 2006, 06:55 AM
    Your best bet would be a SaniFlow system. Thiswould allow you to install a full bathroom group consisting of atoilet,lavatory and shower. Check it out at; http://www.saniflo.com/ Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moving Bathtub across room on a concrete slab [ 1 Answers ]

I am considering changing the location of my bathtub. I'd like to replace it with a whirlpool garden-style tub, and move it over to another wall. On the new wall the drain end of the tub would butt against the existing freestanding shower. This would require breaking through the slab to...

Installing a new shower stall in what used to be an upstairs closet. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am helping my parents remodel their home. This is scary since I am learning as I go. I am installing a shower stall upstairs in what used to be a closet. I was told you have to set the fiberglass shower base in concrete. I needed to know if this is necessary. I have seen it done with 2 x...

Closet flange on uneven slab [ 3 Answers ]

The cement within a ring of about 3 or 4 inches around the soil pipe is uneven. There is a slight grade up toward the pipe. The grade is about quarter to a half inch. Do I need to grind this down a little or do I try to float some leveling cement around the pipe to get a better area to put the...

Installing tub on slab [ 1 Answers ]

I am redoing my bathroom and need some help with installing my tub. How will I be able to connect my drain, after I put the tub down? I am on a slab, and there are walls on three sides of the tub. I am assuming the previous homeowner did the connection when the wall wasn't up.

Installing a new tub on slab [ 2 Answers ]

I am installing a new tub, utilizing the existing plumbing. The floor is concrete slab. I have 3 walls surrounding the tub.My question is how will I be able to hook up my drain? I believe that once I put the tub down, I won't have access to the bottm of it. I am assuming the previous owner did this...

View more questions Search