Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cathyda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2009, 07:32 AM
    How to replace symmons spindle
    How do you remove old symmons spinde and replace it with a new spindle and diverter
    Handle??
    pbr3232 Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

May 5, 2009, 09:00 AM
    There are complete instructions on the Symmons website for changing both. You want to read the warnings as far having the valve in the warm position and unscrewing the cap and having the valve drawn in when replacing. If the seats are bad you need special seat wrenches. The seats can easily strip out even with the wrenches. Then you need easy outs or will have to replace the shower valve.

Good Luck

Peter

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to replace Symmons diverter Handle part T-30? [ 6 Answers ]

This piece is made of plasic and broke off at the 90* neck angle. (at least it is stuck on shower mode which, if it had to break, is what I would prefer.) I have ID'd the part # but have a couple of quesitons about replacing it. First, how difficult is this for the average joe? I have a diagram...

John deere spindle replacement [ 7 Answers ]

I have a John Deere X300 and did some " stump grinding"by mistake and cracked the Spindle on the mower deck (42"). Last time we did this the deck cost almost $1000 (USD) to repair and the dealer said cannot repair have to replace. The spindle is a $53(USD) item... I just want to know where to...

Spindle to handrail attachment [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I’m in the process of installing new deck handrails and went with the pre-cut for spindles type of railing. (They have square holes routered out to seat the spindle in) In theory I figured it would simply be a matter of installing the pre-cut rail on top and flip one over for the bottom to...

Repairing MTD mower blade spindle [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 6 Y/O MTD riding mower. The spindles appear to have gotten rusty over the winter and don't turn freely (stored in a garden shed). I have already broken the belt due to the increased friction. I need to know how to remove the deck and if the spindles can be repaired or if they need to be...

View more questions Search