Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DoItYourself I Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2006, 09:06 AM
    DW Vent or Air Gap loop?
    :confused: Hello - I have a DW that is vented and then runs to just below the double sink opposite the disposal. I want to install a new faucet and would like to make a Looped air gap rather than use the vent on top of the counter. Do I have to loop it through the disposal or could I just go with original set up and re-attach to the drain on the opposite sink? Also - I don't want to have to replace my entire dishwasher drain line and wondered if I could splice another hose unto it so as to have enough slack for the loop?

Thanks for helping:
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 18, 2006, 11:46 AM
    Remove the old air gap and purchase a chrome cockhole cover to place over the hole left by the old air gap. Now run the DW hose as high up in then cabinet as it will go. (see image) secure it with a 3/4" pipe strap. You may splice the hose at the air gap break and connect to either a branch tailpiece or back to the disposal. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laundry Pump vent hookup. How? - no vent access [ 9 Answers ]

I have a Laundry Tray Pump System connected to my wash tub in my fifteen year old townhome's basement. I was recently informed that it was not properly installed because I never connected the vent pipe from the pump. I had some one look at it and was told that the house's vent system (which...

Dry vent used as wet vent [ 7 Answers ]

I have a basement bathroom and an upstairs bathroom... speedball1 you stated in one of your questions answered "Yes, but you must realize that once you drain the fixtures from the upstairs bath into it that it will no longer be a vent from that point down . It then becomes a stack and every...

Is there a loop hole in capitol gain? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I bought our house almost a year ago. Recently someone offered us an amount we could not refuse. If we sell before owning the house for a year is it true that as long as all the money is invested within two years we do not have to pay capitol gain tax? Does this include a house we...

Restat loop [ 7 Answers ]

Every time I turn my computer on it will go into a restart loop: on,off,on,off etc. Like a continuous restart mechanism. On normal bootup I reach the desktop to be met with error messages telling me my System has recovered from a serious error. I click "DOnt send" and another pops up. After...

Dry vent or wash [ 1 Answers ]

This forum is very informative and hopefully someone can help me... Our plumbing inspector has informed my husband that our trap and vent in our bathroom is not washed (or dryvented) correctly. And/or the main stack is not washed correctly. Can anyone explain this to me please!! Thank you, Tami

View more questions Search