Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teastalk Posts: 299, Reputation: 21

Mar 31, 2009, 10:15 AM
    If your ex wanted you back would you try it again?
    If your ex wanted you back would you try it again?
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Mar 31, 2009, 10:19 AM

Depends on why we broke up in the first place, if he/she cheated than no way.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2009, 10:20 AM

No,once I close a door it is shut.

I give it my all and don't give up until I know there is no going back,by then I am emotionally free of them.

No reason to back step.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2009, 10:22 AM

I hope your not talking about yours. If so, leave the past in the past and move on. How many times must you continue to ride on this merry-go-round?
    starlite1 Posts: 753, Reputation: 58

Mar 31, 2009, 10:22 AM

As long as they didn't cheat, and I still was in love with them, and they really knew that they were in love with me, then yes.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2009, 10:33 AM

I would do it for the mere challenge... I am a true a$$-hole, in every since of the word, so I hold a chip on my shoulder at times. When someone throws me away, I take it personally, and I will prove to myself, more than anything, that they made the wrong choice. Now, I know this is an extreme waste of time and energy, but I am a competitor at heart.

I have also learned a lot about being in a relationship, so I truly think things would be different. I am not sure I like who my ex has become though, but I would give it a shot.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2009, 10:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kctiger View Post
    I would do it for the mere challenge...I am a true a$$-hole, in every since of the word, so I hold a chip on my shoulder at times. When someone throws me away, I take it personally, and I will prove to myself, more than anything, that they made the wrong choice. Now, I know this is an extreme waste of time and energy, but I am a competitor at heart.

I have also learned a lot about being in a relationship, so I truly think things would be different. I am not sure I like who my ex has become though, but I would give it a shot.
    Would you give it a shot, just for revenge, to prove yourself?

Is this because you feel like you wronged her in the relationship?

With the perspective of being single, have you not already seen the flaws in the relationship?

Don't you think that if the "ex" wants you back, it's because you have become that number 2, back up plan?
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2009, 10:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwantfair View Post
    Would you give it a shot, just for revenge, to prove yourself?

Is this because you feel like you wronged her in the relationship?

With the perspective of being single, have you not already seen the flaws in the relationship?

Don't you think that if the "ex" wants you back, it's because you have become that number 2, back up plan?
    I would go back if she was the person I fell in love with in the first place. I wouldn't go back to prove anything, nor would I EVER make it a point to get her back. I realize there were flaws in the relationship, on both parts. I think, for me at least, I needed to be single for awhile, as there are a lot of issues I HAD to work on. I recently called it quits with the one gal (you know who) just because I have ZERO interest in having a girlfriend.

As far as the ex, a year, maybe two down the line, I would just flat out reject the idea of dating her again. I don't count on it, nor do I give a rats a$$. I don't think it would be a back up plan, as I am fairly certain she knows I do not care about what she does, nor do I have any desire to get her back... not anymore.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2009, 10:46 AM

My wife broke up with me 6 months into us dating because she got "scared" I gave her another chance and it has been perfect since then.
    CrazyThumper Posts: 82, Reputation: 36

Mar 31, 2009, 10:53 AM
    Yes it depends on the situation. But not if cheating or physical/mental abuse was involved.. some things I can not forgive. But as others said.. a lot of the time the person we were once in love with is now a different person. And the new person that they are might very well be unattractive to us now. Holding onto that hope they are still the person they were years ago when you met them is a long-shot.. sad to say, but it's the truth. I would surely take my ex back after long discussions and a lot of work.. but that's only because I never really feel like we did anything so bad to each other that reconciliation isn't an option..

Thumper
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2009, 10:59 AM
    I have gone back after several relationships. Each time I quickly remembered why it ended the first time. I know that I would do it again - for me there is something about breaking up for the second time that really gives me closure!
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2009, 11:11 AM

There are two guys that I gave a second chance and both time I realized right away that nothing has changed. There's no sense in getting back together with an ex unless whatever caused the breakup in the first place is resolved.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2009, 11:22 AM

Freshman year in college, my class's mentor told us while she was a Sophomore in college, she dated her husband for two months who she originally wasn't into, but he treated her like a princess and he quickly fell in love with her, one of those "nice guys" like you read about. She didn't feel the same so she split, breaking his heart. Six months of no contact and seeing other people, they dated again and are now married.

Not to give you false hope, but getting back together is possible, but it's always once you've moved on from that person and can see them the way you did before you asked them out on that first date. When I get in this mindset I ask myself why I dated so-and-so to begin with, and the only reason I can give, with my past relationships, is that each one of them was convenient in one way or another. That's not a good platform to start any relationship, so it's clear it would fail again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

He told me he wanted me to try to get him back-was he hinting at something else? [ 3 Answers ]

My ex has finally admitted his reason for leaving me is because I never made him do anything-I always let him win. If I really wanted to go somewhere and he didn't, we didn't go. I am very much a people pleaser, if he said he wanted me to make him go, I would have done it.. I thought it made him...

Wanted Space then he went back to his ex in a week [ 1 Answers ]

My live in boyfriend moved out on 10/5/07. I asked him to. I needed space. Just to detach myself from his ex. She was so mean to him. Well a week later he tells me him and his ex are going to give it another shot. They spent a lot of time together over the weekend and the kids loved it. Now I am...

She wanted a break, got it, and now looks like she wants me back [ 1 Answers ]

OK.. This is how it goes.. Me and my girl have been going out For 1 year and almost 11 months now... Everything was great and Recently there were rumors about her cheating on me but all of that was Cleared up.. we found out that the rumors weren't true and all that good Stuff... but ever...

View more questions Search