Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2009, 07:45 AM
    Exploding Toilet and a Geyser of Poo
    Anyone care to hazard a guess as to how this might have happened?

I'm thinking a defective or blocked backwater valve combined with a blocked vent.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 25, 2009, 10:01 AM

I see it was an adult care facility which is prone to having adult diapers shoved down toilets. One of the adult care facilities in my town has an ongoing problem like this. Everything goes into the toilet apparently and they are on their own sewer system, not the towns, so pretty expenisve to fix all the time.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2009, 10:54 AM

"Riding a geyser of raw sewage, the toilet slammed into Okolie and knocked him to the floor..."

What a mental image.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 25, 2009, 01:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by iamgrowler View Post
    Anyone care to hazard a guess as to how this might have happened?

I'm thinking a defective or blocked backwater valve combined with a blocked vent.
    And I'm remembering back in high school when the boys and girls bathrooms were back to back with two toilets in the boys and three in the girls. All on the same main.
    A couple of wise guys dropped two cherry bombs it the boys toilets at recess time when the girls bathroom was full. The result was spectacular to say the least, water, Ka-Ka, Poo and toilet paper exploded all over the inside while hysterical girls exploded out of the bathroom door. Talk about a "Kodak Moment". Although it was never mentioned in the yearbook it should have been since it was the premiere event of the school year. Just thought I'[d share. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Geyser Overflow pipe drips [ 7 Answers ]

My problem on my geyser is that the over flow pipe continues to drip outside the house on a daily basis. I know why this would happen, I need to find out if this could be stopped. The water that comes out is cold. Its creating damp on my outside wall.:)

Exploding basement toilet. [ 2 Answers ]

Help!! My husband and I have been trying to deal with our exploding toilet problem for almost a year now and nobody can seem to give us a straight answer! We live in northern Quebec where the winters can get to be around -40F. Our house is a 2 story with a Mother-in-Law apartment in the basement....

Installing a 2nd water geyser [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I live in south africa and just started a plumbing company, I recently installed a 2nd water geyser to a large house just to run there 2nd bathroom what has his/hers basind jacussi and a shower and toilet. The main water supply is 3/4 but reduces to 1/2 straight away and that feeds...

Exploding battery [ 8 Answers ]

A few months ago I was in my kitchen when there was a massive BANG, I then noticed a nail on the floor surrounded by blue powder. We were dumbfounded for a while trying to figure out where this nail had exploded out of. It turns out a battery had exploded from the back of my clock. I called the...

Replacment of geyser element [ 1 Answers ]

When unsrewing the old element it became tandled to such an extent that it is impossible to get it out. What should I do? Can I unscrew the six or seven nuts taking off the plate from the geyser into which the element fits?

View more questions Search