Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    atl_bluihottie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2009, 09:07 AM
    Washing Machine Drain Overflow
    I walked into my laundry area to find the floor full of water. When the washer kicked into the spin cycle again, water was gushing out of the area where the washer drain tube is inserted. I also noticed that it sounded like water was running through my drains in the kitchen and bathroom right off the laundry area. I'm wondering what the problem could be and how I can resolve it.

HELP!!
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 7, 2009, 10:34 AM

Usually the problem is that your drains are clogged not accepting w/m high water volume. As result, water backs up and overflows. You will need to snake your drain.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 7, 2009, 11:36 AM
    If, after snaking the drain from the roof vent or standpipe, and you still have a problem then consider making your stand pipe a closed system using a compression fitting or other fittings,(see images) to seal off the hose in the standpipe. This will force the discharge on down the line with no backups.
    Good luck and thank you for rating my answer. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washing machine drain overflow [ 11 Answers ]

We recently built an addition onto our house which includes a laundry room. The plumber installed a washer box with valves and 1.5" drain about 3' from floor. The maytag washer has overflowed right from day one. I have seen some of your replies to other people with this problem and they include...

Washing machine drain overflow [ 17 Answers ]

When the washing machine drains, the drain pipe overflows even after I successfully flushed the drain line with a bladder and power hose. I also flushed the vent system, but there is still overflow. What now coach?:confused:

Washing machine drain overflow [ 6 Answers ]

Hello all, I need help with a used washing machine I'm trying to hook up. (I need a lot of help, LOL) The biggest problem that I'm not sure what to do about is that when it starts to drain (spin), the water splashed out a LOT of water all around the drain hose. What I have is two faucets...

Washing machine drain overflow [ 12 Answers ]

Hi all, Forgive me, I don't know much about plumbing at all. I have a Kenmore 80 series washing machine (model number 3949664). When I run the washing machine it drains twice, as I believe is normal with most washers. During this draining cycle there is a slight overflow of suds in the drain...

Washing machine drain overflow [ 12 Answers ]

We live in a rural area. Most people send the drain water from the washing machine out to their septic tank or a french drain. Our problem: when our washing machine drains a second time in a cycle - the waste water backs up out of the stand pipe. The stand pipe is 2" in diameter, reduces at a...

View more questions Search