Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crt Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2009, 02:43 PM
    Cant charge tank with new bladder
    Hi, I have a flotec 35 gallon pressurized tank with a busted bladder, bought the new bladder and placed it inside, but can't seem to charge it, the air keeps coming out of the bottom hole of the tank, isn't the new bladder suppose to hold the air in? Everything is tight as can be, but no luck charging the thing, HELP PLEASE!
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 31, 2009, 02:48 PM

I think you would have been better of replacing the whole tank. Are you sure bladder didn't get punctured during install.

I would remove bladder, and check for leaks.
    If the new bladder is damaged, I recommend replacing tank. Please let me know what you think. This is only a suggestion, if you are set on bladder replacement, then we need to find leak.

Jan 31, 2009, 02:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mygirlsdad77 View Post
    I think you would have been better of replacing the whole tank. Are you sure bladder didnt get punctured during install.

I would remove bladder, and check for leaks.
    If the new bladder is damaged, i recommend replacing tank. Please let me know what you think. This is only a suggestion, if you are set on bladder replacement, then we need to find leak.
    Hi, yeah, thought about buying new tank but it's close to 300 bucks, and the new bladder just 80, checked the new bladder for leaks, twice. Nothing not even a scratch, now what? I'm lost here.
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 31, 2009, 03:02 PM

Can you pressurize bladder before installing it, just to double check for leaks.

Jan 31, 2009, 03:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mygirlsdad77 View Post
    can you pressurize bladder before installing it, just to double check for leaks.
    No, I keep trying to pressurize it and the air comes out of the bottom hole on the flange, should I install the tank to the whole water system, and then try to pressurize?
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 31, 2009, 03:21 PM

Can you post a pic of your tank and bladder?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2009, 07:35 AM

CRT, if you are putting air in at the valve on top of the tank, and air is coming out the hole in the bottom of the tank, then that would seem to be proof positive that the bladder either has a hole in it or is not sealing properly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Storage Tank or Bladder Tank? [ 8 Answers ]

We just had a new well put in. The well person installed a 220 gallon storage tank (not bladder) when we turn on our sprinkler system our submersible well pump cuts in every 50seconds. We are using approximately 16 gallons per minute. Should the well person have put in a bladder tank instead of a...

No pressure in bladder tank [ 1 Answers ]

I have a bladder tank installed at my home. We had to cut the power to the tank off several days ago due to a replacement of an external pipe. When we turned the power back on, there is a humming sound as soon as any faucet is turned on, or whenever any toilet is flushed. There is a meter on the...

Bladder Tank Replacement [ 2 Answers ]

I need to replace my 86 gallon bladder tank. Can I replace it with a larger size, any benefits from doing so? I live in a two-story house, and there is one bathroom downstairs that has always had low pressure. I will install it myself. Do you have a recommendation for a supplier and also a...

Replacing a bladder tank [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 18 year old Perma Tank PAD 20. According to all the prior dialog on this site about pressure drops and short cycling, it sounds like I have a ruptured bladder. The tank clunks all the way to the top and water comes out the pressure valve. I'm pretty handy. Is a bladder tank something I...

Bladder tank on well system [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, thank you for attempting to help. I have a little water pressure in the morning, but after running the dish washer I have just a trickle. I have looked at the gauge at my tank and I can't get above 15 psi. I have also turned the power of to the submersival pump, turned the nearest faucet on...

View more questions Search