Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    griffin2811 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2006, 09:05 PM
    Frigidaire washer (ticking noise while aggitating)
    My washing machine is about 6 years old, came in my new house I had built. One day it developed a loud ticking sound while aggitating. I'll take the front off this weekend to have a look. Does anyone have any ideas before to share with me?

Here's a tiny bit of advice for anyone buiding a new house, do yourself a big favor and upgrade the appliances. Builders use entry level stuff and for a few extra bucks you can avoid a lot of trouble.
    griffin2811 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2006, 03:26 PM
    I removed the front cover only to find that the ticking noise that I was hearing was the belt coming apart and hitting the support bracket every time it made a revolution. I was prepared for much worse, but got away with paying only 14 bucks. I still stand by my original comment about purchasing better appliances, but maybe shouldn't be so hard on Frigidaire.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frigidaire [ 8 Answers ]

Does anyone know who the bran name maker of Frigidaire appliances might be and whether they're any good, reliable etc, etc? Thanks for any info, Kae

Carrier vs. Frigidaire? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a few quotes from some a/c companies to put a new system in my house because my current system is 20+ years old and is working against me at this point. I have propane heat and want to get electric because of the rising gas prices. The total sq. footage is approx 2600... the two estimates...

Frigidaire Dryer not getting hot [ 0 Answers ]

Okay, after reading everything I can find, especially information from appleguy, I'm looking at one of two possible fuses for why the dryer isn't heating up. Looking at the parts manual, I can't figure out which of 2 it might be: 1. Thermostat,Safety Or 2. Thermal Limiter

View more questions Search