Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaywind Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2009, 03:07 PM
    Replace three-handle shower diverter stem
    Do you have a diagram or schematic of the diverter stem for a three-handle shower?
    I removed the diverter stem OK, but I can't figure out which piece needs replacement.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 24, 2009, 03:09 PM

What kind/brand/type of faucet do you have ?

Generally, diverter has black washer, plastic ring, and seat that may be cause of leak, We ALWAYS replace all three regardless of the condition of the other two.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 24, 2009, 03:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jaywind View Post
    Do you have a diagram or schematic of the diverter stem for a three-handle shower?
    I removed the diverter stem OK, but I can't figure out which piece needs replacement.
    Here you go! Good luck, Tom
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2009, 04:48 PM

If you have leak or the divertor is not working properly replace the washers at the end of the stems, see the image below, good luck.

John
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to replace Symmons diverter Handle part T-30? [ 6 Answers ]

This piece is made of plasic and broke off at the 90* neck angle. (at least it is stuck on shower mode which, if it had to break, is what I would prefer.) I have ID'd the part # but have a couple of quesitons about replacing it. First, how difficult is this for the average joe? I have a diagram...

Shower Diverter Stem [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older house, with the hot, cold knobs and middle diverter. I have changed both the hot and cold sides with no problem. I have taken the packing screw, cap, the small nutt, the larger nutt, the screw on cover that conceals the stem, now I only have the stem left but it will not come out....

Diverter stem installation - three handle shower & tub faucet [ 4 Answers ]

The house is well over 25 years of age and I have replaced both hot and cold water valves and tub faucet without removal of bath and shower stall tiles - still look good. Purchased a diverter stem (Galtmaster tub and shower models - 1963 to 65). With the old diverter I would turn clockwise to have...

Diverter stem replace [ 1 Answers ]

I Already Change The Diverter Stem On My Bathroom Shower. I Installed A New One (sayco). It Works Ok, Except When I Rotote It To Change And Send Water Only On Top Shower, Because It Send Also Water To The Bottom Shower (both ways). Do It Have Any Particular Way To Install It? Do I need to...

Installing shower diverter stem [ 6 Answers ]

I am trying to replace a shower diverter stem. I took the old one off and screwed in the new one. When it's tightened all the way, there is no water flow. As I loosen it, the water begins to flow and I am also able to turn on the shower. But, that's no good because if it's too loose, it will fall...

View more questions Search