Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stankycat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2006, 10:05 AM
    Vent line
    Does a vent line have to be installed upline from a toilet, on can it be downstream?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 31, 2006, 11:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stankycat
    Does a vent line have to be installed upline from a toilet, on can it be downstream?
    In most bathroom installations the toilet and tub/shower's are wet vented by the lavatory drain which is located downstream from the toilet. Either way works. Cheers, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas line & dryer vent pipe - how close is too close? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm rerouting the gas dryer vent piping so that it will inside the adjoining stud wall. At the top of the wall the vertical exhaust pipe will be within an inch or two of the horizontal running copper gas supply line. Question - is there a minimum distance that the metal dryer exhaust pipe must...

Sewer line vent [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced all the sewer line in my home. The only way to flush toilet is to unhook drian line to upstair sink to get it to flush. Otherwise toilet back up and then very slowly drains. Does this mean the vent is plugged? My line also goes into s septic tank.

Main Line Trouble or Vent or Both [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings, Our one story house built 1955 has had an issue with the main line since we purchased it about 11 years ago. We suspect we have orangeburg pipe from conversations we have had with some of the original owners who are our neighbors. We have to have the main line which exits our...

Maximum distances from the waste line vent [ 3 Answers ]

Are there generally code requirements for waste line runs in regards to how far the waste line runs from the roof vent? For example, if I convert an existing bedroom into a bathroom and the toilet is say 10 feet away from the waste line roof vent, is that going to be a problem?

Can I vent from [ 3 Answers ]

I am planning to install a bathroom in a small dormer room on the third floor of my old house. The room sits between two plumbing stacks. The original one with cast iron pipe and a newer one with ABS pipe. I wish to locate the toilet and shower stall on the wall with the cast iron stack. I...

View more questions Search