Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Larry Waddle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2009, 04:43 PM
    Water level in bathroom commode bowl drops
    There is no evidence of a water leak but water level in bathroom commode bowl seems to disappear.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 15, 2009, 05:12 PM

Do you have pets(dogs or cats) that could be taking a drink when your not looking? If not, you may have a vent problem, cuasing toilet to siphon. Please let me know some more detail, such as if this happens all the time, or just when you flush toilet etc etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water level in commode is low [ 10 Answers ]

I had to empty the bathtub recently by pouring buckets of water into the commoded. As I did this, it would flush on its own. Now the water level is very low and when I flush the commode using the handle, the water level rises (almost to overflowing) and then flushes. Then it goes back to the low...

Water level drops in toilet [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, I have a 2nd floor main washroom that doesn't get used too much. I bought a new home off the builder and its now 1yr old. It seems this toilet doesn't have much water pressure compared to the other toilets in the house. A few months back, this toilet would start making a hissing noise...

Toilet bowl water level slowly drops. [ 5 Answers ]

My toilet was flushing poorly, after a good session of plunging it is working decently again, however another problem has arose. When the toilet is flushed all waste is taken away,then the bowl refills as does the tank,OK so far. When the tank and bowl are filled, what happens next is that the...

Water level drops in toilets. [ 1 Answers ]

I have back to back bathrooms with a toilet in each that comes down to the main drain in the basement. Just recently I could hear one and then sometimes the other toilet making a bubbling noise. The water level was down in both of the toilets. I flushed one of the toilets to see what would happen,...

Water level in commode [ 1 Answers ]

The water level in my commode is surging. The level in the commode is constantly moving, about 1/2 inch in the level. You can watch it move up and down, even though nothing is running in the commode. The commode flushes with no problem. I have my own septic system and the drainage lines do not...

View more questions Search