Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    martamms Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2009, 09:25 AM
    Basement not draining properly
    For some reason, our basement is not draining. We have replaced the sump pump, but there is still water coming in. Could the underneath be clogged in some way, and if so, how do we correct it?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2009, 03:16 PM

This could be a problem from the outside not the inside. Have you checked your gutters to see if they are properly channeling the water away from the foundation? Have you had any recent landscaping around your home to where the dirt has been added in one area? This was the exact problem we had with a customer's home that kept getting water into it. The customer had extensive landscaping done and altered the original basement/dirt configuration from when the home was built.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet not draining properly (intermittent ) [ 3 Answers ]

Toilet in one bathroom drains intermittently. Have run a snake, but to no avail. Flush one time, all is well and seems to be working properly. Flush another time, water fills in bowl and eventually drains down to lower level in bowl.? Thanks for your help!

Utility sink in the basement not properly draining [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I recently purchased a home built in 1977. Everything is great except down in the basement I have a stubborn utility sink which fills up with water (most of the time only about 1/2 way) and does not drain properly. Sometimes it drains cleanly, sometimes very slowly, sometimes not at...

Dishwasher not draining properly [ 1 Answers ]

My dishwasher is not draining all the way. I have heard that there is some kind my electric valve that pumps the water into the drain. Is that all I need to fix it?

Tub is the only system not draining properly [ 3 Answers ]

Our house is an older house (ca. 1955) on a septic system. We bought the house and moved in back in late March of this year, when the septic system should have been pumped by the previous owners. We're currently having issues with our bathtub not draining properly. All of our other drains are...

View more questions Search