Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    diy2006 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2006, 09:36 AM
    Height of toilet flange above new tile - additional question
    Hello...

I just read the question (posted July 18) on this subject and the answer by rickj. I was glad to see it and agree with everything, but when looking at the bottom of my new Kohler toilet, it seems that the 1 inch thick wax ring is going to have to be compressed down to only about 1/8 inch or less when the toilet is finally touching the top of the new tile. Is that OK? Thanks.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2006, 10:19 AM
    We'd prefer more, but I really think you'll be OK. That wax can squeeze to paper thin-ness, with the saving factor being what squeezes out to block any water coming to that thin part.

Of course at this point all you can do is try it, right? :o

I do think you'll be fine ;)

Let us know how it goes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What height should the Closet Flange Extension be, from the top of the tile/floor? [ 5 Answers ]

I got a “Closet Flange Extension Kit” from Home Depot and it has 2 rings. One is ¼ inch and the other is a ½ inch; so basically I want to know which one to use. The current/original flange that is installed on the sub-floor is level with the top of the tile. The tile is just that 12” square...

Toilet flange height too high? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a question regarding the allowable height of a PVC toilet flange above a tile floor. The Oatey screw and set PVC flange insert into my 3" cast iron waste line sits on top of my new tile floor. The thickness of the flange top is 1/2" . So the flange height is 1/2" above the floor level. ...

Height of toilet flange above new tile [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I am finishing a bathroom in my basement. How high does the toilet flange, which is PVC, need to be above the level of the tile we are going to install soon? Not sure how high to cut the pipe... :o

Toilet flange height [ 5 Answers ]

I've looked and lookedd but can't find at what height the toilet mounting flange is to be from the finished floor for correct installation of a wax ring and toilet bowl. I have a concrete floor that I plan to put tile on, and the plumber on rough-in left the drain pipe about 3 inches out of the...

Another toilet flange question [ 1 Answers ]

I read through all the questions and responses to various toilet flange problems and I think I found the solution from one of speedball1's responses, but let me summarize to make sure. I have a toilet in the basement which is over concrete. I pulled up the toilet and there is no flange. The...

View more questions Search