Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Levi laroux Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2006, 06:11 PM
    Submersable well pump problems
    Hello ,
    I have a brand new "flotec 1/2 horse 10 gallon per minute 2 wire deep well pump and a brand new square 'd" pump controler on a pressure tank .
    The pump runs intermittantly . The controler is a 30 / 50 psi sometimes the press. Will drop below the 30 pound level & the contacts will not close , sometimes the contacts work properly & the pump will not run .
    PS the system is driven by an alternative energy system with 2 "trace " inverters stacked to provide the 220 volts . As far as I know the electricity is sufficient to run the pump .
    If I get the pump running and & throttle the discharge valves to match the pump output , so it will not cycle , keeping the press around 25 psi the pump will run forever . If I open another valve & the pressure drops the contacts will open u p & stay open ( control is brand new justa few hours on it
    Any ideas would certainly be appreciated .
    Thank You
    Peter
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 10, 2006, 11:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi laroux
    hello ,
    I have a brand new "flotec 1/2 horse 10 gallon per minute 2 wire deep well pump and a brand new square 'd" pump controler on a pressure tank .
    the pump runs intermittantly . the controler is a 30 / 50 psi sometimes the press. will drop below the 30 pound level & the contacts will not close , sometimes the contacts work properly & the pump will not run .
    PS the system is driven by an alternative energy system with 2 "trace " inverters stacked to provide the 220 volts . As far as I know the electricity is sufficient to run the pump .
    If I get the pump running and & throttle the discharge valves to match the pump output , so it will not cycle , keeping the press around 25 psi the pump will run forever . If I open another valve & the pressure drops the contacts will open u p & stay open ( control is brand new justa few hours on it
    Any ideas would certainly be appreciated .
    Thank You
    Peter

Hi Peter,
    Something's wrong here. Are you saying that when you open a valve and the pressure drops the contacts open up? I'm not familiar with your pump set up so I'll hope one of the other experts can shed some light on your problem but I do know pressure controls. Pressure will open the contacts thus shutting off the pump and lack of pressure will cause the contacts to close thus sending power to the pump. You say that your control's working backwards? I think it's going to take someone that's on site to check it out.
    Regards, Tom
    dalefan70 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2013, 11:13 AM
    I have a submersible pump kicks on but kicks off
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Nov 20, 2013, 11:23 AM
    Want to give a little more details about what is happening?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pump Problem [ 10 Answers ]

Dcobb New member join date: jun 2006 Posts: 0 Wellsaver tank -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi speedball1 i have a question for you. I have a well saver 56 gallon pump tank and i'm having some trouble. It's hooked to a one horse...

Well pump problem [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I bought a house with a well. And the well does not seem to function. Is there a way to diagonose the pump problem? I can see the voltage is applied to the pump. The pressure trigger is at the "on" position since the metal leads touch the base and I measured the voltage on the wires...

Well pump [ 2 Answers ]

Today I had to repair a copper water pipe in my basement and had to shut off the well and water pump. I did so by unplugging the power cord from the pressure swithc to the wall outlet and then drained the system of water. Once my pressure switch dial read zero (0) I completed the repair (copper...

Well water pump [ 2 Answers ]

My well water pump is not working. I think it lost it's prime because I tapped the tank and it sounds hollow. How do I prime the pump?

View more questions Search