Ask
    olirock Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2008, 09:20 AM
    Drain overflow
    When I turn on my upstairs faucet it overflows my downstairs sink
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2008, 10:08 AM

You have blockage in the drain line Take the "J" bend apart at the downstairs sink ,(see image) and run a snake up into the wall.(see image).
    You will run into a bend about 8 inches in but once around that you only have to put out 6 more feet. Flush with hot water once you have installed the trap. Good luck and have a happy Thanks Giving.

John
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathtub overflow drain [ 1 Answers ]

I'm replacing a tub that has no overflow drain. Does the UPC require that a tub have an overflow drain? Thanks!

No sink overflow drain? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I live in a new build and just realized that the sinks do not have the usual holes in the front for overflow draining. These are cultured marble one piece tops in bathrooms. It's the same way in my master double sinks, the single and in the kitchen stainless double. When did manufactures...

Overflow from W/D drain in basement [ 3 Answers ]

Several days ago, a pipe that was used to drain a washer/dryer in our basement (but is no longer used) started to overflow and release water with food particles and other sediment onto our basement floor. Shortly afterwards, our kitchen sink (which is above the basement and is tapped into this...

Standing drain overflow [ 1 Answers ]

After 11 years our standing drain mysteriously overflowed flooding the house this morning. Any suggestions, similar experiences, comments will be greatly appreciated.

Overflow drain [ 1 Answers ]

Is there supposed to be an overflow drain on all bathtubs?

View more questions Search