Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ejaz3742 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2008, 02:14 PM
    Low water pressure at shower head and tub faucet
    I had good water pressure but it has become less and less,so I removed the valves in the cold and hot handles figuring there was debris to be flushed out. When I turned water on with valves out the stream hit the back of the tub (about 5 feet). I flushed them out for a few minutes (rusty water, and metal debris came out) until water cleared up. I put valves back in and now pressure is non existent. Could valves be bad? I also tried putting them in 180 degrees frm the first time
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 2, 2008, 02:42 PM
    What's the brand name of your valve? Do the stems look like this? (see image). Did you reverse the stem and washer assemblies when you reassembled the valve? Do they turn the same direction they used to? You did the right thing in flushing out the valve body and supplies. You have cleared the clog that was there. It sounds like all this is a reassembly problem. I would open the valve back up and turn the water back on just to see if it was still clear and then give the stem and washer assemblies a good hard look. No Joy? Click on back with the brand name and all t6he details you can give me. For instance describe the metal debris that came out. Good luck, tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moen: water always coming from shower head when faucet is on. [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I just installed a moen l82839 shower/tub assembly. The problem I am having is that when I turn on the water, just to the tub, water comes from the shower head. The knob that turns on the shower head on the faucet is down, noting is leaking otherwise. I don't know what's wrong. Its like there...

Water coming out of the tub faucet & the shower head at the same time? [ 5 Answers ]

I just installed a one handle Kohler faucet for the bath tub, when water is turned on and the shower converter button is in the down position the water comes out of the tub faucet and the shower head at the same time. When the shower converter button is pulled up water will only come out of the...

How to increase water pressure low at master shower is it the shoer head or faucet [ 4 Answers ]

What is causing low water pressure at master shower faucet or shower head what can be done to correct

Low water pressure after replacing tub/shower faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I recently changed my old twin-ell diverter spout tub faucet to a more modern shower head and ejector tee diverter type. I kept the twin-ell part and kept the shower head port plugged on the new faucet. I have very low water pressure now. If I take out the plug in the shower head port the...

Low cold water pressure on shower faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Mixet shower faucet (MDXTR-5). In the last several months, the cold side of the faucet has been having a very low water pressure. The hot side has a good pressure. The house is 11 years old, and I've lived there just for a year, so I don't know for sure how old the faucet is. I found...

View more questions Search