Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rkthom Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2008, 09:37 AM
    How to replace washer in delta shower
    My master shower leaks and the plumber told me I could replace the washer in it myself. I went to Home Depot and purchased a part that the plumbing dept. manager said he thought was right (Delta rp3614). We have turned off the water and popped the top off the delta knob but the replacement pieces look nothing like what we have. Also, we can't figure out how to take off the washer or what we need to do. Any advice? We have a delta crystal knob about the size of a medium fist.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 19, 2008, 09:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rkthom View Post
    My master shower leaks and the plumber told me I could replace the washer in it myself. I went to Home Depot and purchased a part that the plumbing dept. manager said he thought was right (Delta rp3614). We have turned off the water and popped the top off of the delta knob but the replacement pieces look nothing like what we have. Also, we can't figure out how to take off the washer or what we need to do. Any advice? We have a delta crystal knob about the size of a medium fist.
    Do your innards look anything like this? (see image) and the repair kit like thios,(see image). Your valve doesn't have washers. It has seats and speings,(see image) Let me know if the drawing's like your valve and if it isn't get back to me with the model number of the valve, good luck, Tom

Oct 19, 2008, 10:09 AM

Thanks Tom. My shower part doesn't look like that. It has the crystal delta knob 1400 series. I looked online at their website and it gives instructions but we can't get our cartridge to come out. I guess I am going to have to call a plumber after all. =(
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 19, 2008, 12:11 PM

It may be Valley faucet which looks like Delta but actually is knock-out of Delta faucet...

Can you post a photo so we are not guessing?
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 19, 2008, 01:57 PM
    RK, GHo back and read my post. I corrected the shower valve image to bring up a Delta1400 Series. Remove the bonnet nut and the stop and the cartridge should pull right out. Good luck, Tom

Oct 19, 2008, 04:48 PM

Thanks speedball! Any idea how to get the bonnet off? This is where we get stuck. We couldn't get it off. Thanks!
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 19, 2008, 09:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rkthom View Post
    Thanks speedball! Any idea how to get the bonnet off? This is where we get stuck. We couldn't get it off. Thanks!
    The bonnet has threads. Unscrew it counterclockwise. Good luck, Tom
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Delta Models_1300_1400_5a03.pdf (277.1 KB, 485 views)
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2009, 01:07 PM

Tom have stated very well just for further info, please click on the link below, it will show how to remove the bonnet nut, good luck.

John

Leaks : Frequently Asked Questions : Delta Faucet

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing washer in delta shower faucet [ 5 Answers ]

I have a delta single handle shower faucet and the shower is dripping. How do I change the washer in it?

Where to Buy Delta Shower Handle? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been looking EVERYWHERE to buy this Delta Shower Handle ONLY. The previous owners must have taken the handle before they left, and I do not have the handle for the showers at my Condo. :eek: Someone please help me locate a place to buy the handle (#1 and #2 in the attached picture) at an...

Replace old Delta Shower/Tub Faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I need to replace the old (20 yrs) Delta Faucet shower tub set up... Are their any new Delta Faucet Handles that I can install with the current valve so I don't have to remove the entire 1 piece shower insert? I took what I could apart and I am down to what they now call the "cartridge" but mine...

Disassembly of Delta model #2476 to replace diverter [ 3 Answers ]

Private Message: Delta Waterfall kitchen faucet, model 2476 Today, 02:40 AM avdpierre New Member Join Date: Nov 2007 Posts: 2 Delta Waterfall kitchen faucet, model 2476 ------

Disassembly of Delta model #2476 to replace diverter [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Delta waterfall/#2476 and have determined (through Delta) that the diverter needs to be replaced. Problem: I cannot get the spout off. I have the diagrams for removal but the diagram does not indicate how to loosen the spout. It appears to have some time of retaining clip near the base,...

View more questions Search