Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikj56 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2006, 09:39 AM
    Whirlpool washing machine won't fill
    When starting the washing cycle, the water enters but it keeps getting pumped out and I can hear what sounds like the pump. The stand pipe is above the machine so I don't think that's the problem. Thanks
    applguy Posts: 324, Reputation: 23

May 27, 2006, 12:33 PM
    I will assume you have a standard top-loading direct drive washer ( if you post the model number, that might be helpful). The only way the water will enter and exit the machine simultaneously is if the motor is running while it's filling (most likely a bad timer, very unusual condition of failure) or if the water that is leaving the machine is sucking the incoming water out. You may have a standpipe that is the correct height, but if the end of the drain hose is sealed to that standpipe, or if the drain hose extends more than 6 inches down said standpipe, you can get this kind of condition. Let me know what you find.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool washing machine [ 15 Answers ]

Hi. My 20 year old whirlpool fills up, but won't agitate. If I manually move to rinse, it will drain and go through a final rinse. I makes noise like something is loose. There is a slight overheating smell. I bought a motor coupling, but am not sure that is the problem. I also need help...

Washing Machine Box [ 10 Answers ]

Greetings. My basement has an overhead Sewer pipe going out to the front. Therefore, if I want a washing machine in the Basement, I have to pump the discharge up and out in some way. Right now, the discharge goes to the sump pump hole and then is pupmed out. I want to install a washing...

Relocate washing machine [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to relocate my washing machine from an interior room with a washer hookup to a large bedroom closet. The new washer site would be against a wall with bath/shower plumbing. I have no understanding of how plumbing works... before I mention anything to the husband, is it possible to...

Whirlpool LA5700XS Wash Machine [ 7 Answers ]

Anyone know how to clean the tub that surrounds the basket without taking apart the whole machine? The machine is about 15 years old, but in great working order, except it smells moldy now. I think I traced the smell to some mold and or something in the tub, but can't see an easy way to separate...

View more questions Search