Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wolfer43 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2008, 09:26 AM
    Replaced moen cartridge, still leaks
    Hi--
    I replaced the moen cartridge, single lever, kitchen. The first time it started leaking after a few days. I took it out, flushed out the water line, reinstalled and now leaks as soon as I turn the water on. I looked inside the tube (?) and saw some corrosion. Could that be the problem? Should I try replacing the o-rings?
    Thanks,
    Mike
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 19, 2008, 10:10 AM
    Did you lube the "O" rings with Silicon Jel when you installed the cartridge?
    Check the "P" rings. Are any rolled out of position?
    saw some corrosion
    clean off any corrosion that's in the valve body and try again. Good luck. Tom
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 19, 2008, 11:14 AM
    You may also have made or just got a small nick in an O ring. If Tom's suggestion of silcone jel doesn't fix it just call Moen for free replacement and start fresh, they give you some jel with the cartridge.
    NoCompromise Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2015, 08:56 PM
    I was having the same issue. After removing it for the third time to return it. I was staring at it for while and realized that the end where the handle attaches to (brass end) was pushed in just a little bit leaving a gap in the holes that are covered by the Rubbers on the sides. I just pushed the other end back in (pushed the cartridge back in place) and it was good to go. Make sure u use the plastic installation tool that is provided so u don't inadvertently push it out of place by pushing in on the brass end. No more drip!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moen Cartridge really stuck [ 5 Answers ]

I am trying to replace the cartridge in my shower. I have the water turned off, everything disassembled (including u shaped clip), I have the T shaped cartridge tool. I was able to get the inside out of the brass housing but I cannot get the brass housing to move no matter what. The T shaped...

Can't get the cartridge out of Moen faucet in tub to clean it. [ 5 Answers ]

I can't get any cold water out of faucet in the tub. How can I get the cartridge out to clean it? We have tried everything to get it out and it won't budge.

Replacing a moen cartridge [ 2 Answers ]

How do I remove the old cartridge from the faucet assembly??

Moen cartridge [ 3 Answers ]

I changed my one handle shower cartridge by moen. This was not easy and had to break it apart to remove. I put a new one in and there was no pressure. I changed this one and got very little improvement. I had great pressure before it was just leaking any ideas??

Moen Cartridge Problem [ 2 Answers ]

Tvdave New Member Join Date: Mar 2007 Posts: 0 Moen shower cartridge I've read your responses to several folks concerning the Moen single handle shower cartridge and appreciate all the good information. I take it that since I am getting hot water to my sink and no hot water...

View more questions Search