Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cliffy67 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2008, 04:25 AM
    Kitchen designer blames tap for low pressure
    Hi

Just had a new kitchen fitted. The pressure in the hot tap has fallen. The sink unit was moved to an adjacent wall in the re-fit. I mentioned the low pressure to the designer who said it was the fault of the new combi-tap I have chosen. I don't think that's a reasonable explantion. Are there any brighter minds out there who can offer a more sensible solution?

cliffy67
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 15, 2008, 05:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cliffy67
    hi

just had a new kitchen fitted. the presure in the hot tap has fallen. the sink unit was moved to an adjacent wall in the re-fit. i mentioned the low pressure to the designer who said it was the fault of the new combi-tap i have chosen. i don't think thats a reasonable explantion. are there any brighter minds out there who can offer a more sensible solution?

cliffy67
    Hey Cliffy,
    First off did you remove the aerator from the spout and check and clean the screens? What I think has happened here is that in moving the valve the plumber disturbed some minerals built up on the pipe walls and it's now blocking the iunlet ports of the cartridge. Shut the water off and open up the faucet. Pull the cartridge out and check the inlet ports. Clean them if they're clogged. Now turn the water back on for a few seconds to flush out the supplies and open valve body. You should gave a strong stream out of the valve body when you do this. If not let me know. This should be taken care of at no cost to you. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My ex girlfriend blames me for everything [ 62 Answers ]

My girlfriend moved out of my place 3 weeks ago. We have been together for over a year. We had alots of ups and downs. A week later after she moved out I went crazy and try to beg her to come back but she turn me down. I even went to work place a few time but she keep pushing me away. I know...

Low Kitchen Pressure [ 1 Answers ]

Low hot water pressure in the kitchen: in all the bathroom the is find

Low pressure in kitchen [ 1 Answers ]

My son made a repair to the water line coming into the house today. The water company came out and turned off the main meter and then turned it back on. The repair worked. However, when the water came back on, after a few minutes, the pressure dropped tremendously in the kitchen. It is fine...

Son blames me for his fathers death [ 1 Answers ]

My son blames me for his fathers death 4 years ago my husband killed himself under a train I was not with him at the time he was with another women we had split up 2 years before. He had a drink problem and was very volant towards me so I kicked him out of house. He never kept up contact with my...

Low Hot Water Pressure In Kitchen Only [ 2 Answers ]

Hello i was wondering how can i fix hot water pressure in kitchen . Asked husband but 6 months nothing done takes forever to do dishes help . My faucet has 2 handles one for hot and 1 for cold . And only the hot has very little water coming out not a trickle though :confused:

View more questions Search