Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    putekat65 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2008, 09:06 PM
    Basement flooded now drain and toilet drain very slowly
    Hi all, Here's my issue. After a very heavy rain, my basement took in 4-6 in of water. It was coming in through the blue stone foundation like a water fall. I've gotten water before but never like this. Some time thereafter I noticed the drains and toilet draining very slowly. I tried plunging the toilet to no avail, but I did hear air exchange from the tub and sink. I pumped out most of the water with a submersible and a sump pump. The water is still running down the wall, the sump is still running continuously, and the drains and toilet are still running slowly, more so the toilet.(about 36 hrs now) I guess what I'm looking for is a quick fix (for the toilet mostly) till payday when I can call a plumber to come fix it.

Thank you
    Putekat65
    Ps the water is leaking in the back of the house which is at a higher elevation then the front. The sump is in the front part of the house pumping to the main drain at the back of the house.(was like that when I bought it)
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Sep 9, 2008, 04:24 AM
    Pukecat.. you can pull the toilet and actually install an expandable test PLUG in the drain pipe. They sell expanding type plugs at home depot... just need to know if this is a 3 inch pipe or a 4" pipe.. see picture below.

Let us know what you think here...

MARK
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't find toilet drain in basement [ 5 Answers ]

Builder has exposed drain pipe for shower and wash-out drain against wall for vanity, yet no exposed toilet ring in cement floor. It is all stubbed down for water and air vents, but nothing visible for the toilet. We have drilled holes in the cement where we think the toilet will go with no luck....

Steps to convert basement toilet drain to shower drain [ 2 Answers ]

I want to convert a basement toilet drain to a shower drain. Is it a job that a do it yourselfer can do? If no- who do I hire-a plumber or a contractor? What would be a high end estimate of the cost to hire someone in New York? Also, sitting on the floor about a foot directly in front of the...

Slow to drain toilet in basement [ 1 Answers ]

Here is the deal, toilet is in the basement. When you flush... the water in bowl rises, and does go down but very slow. Bathtub which is down stream of the toilet flows just fine. So I removed the toilet and set it on some blocks I the bath tub, I filled up the toilet and simulated a flush -...

Toilet/Washer/Drain in basement [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. I have had continually problems with my toilet (house bult 1960 - could be original toilet - not sure). I have had Roto Rooter out 2 times in 7 years, both times due to clogged sewer line - sewer backed up into basement. My problem is that when I run my washer, my toilet does not flush...

Basement Washer/Softener drain running slowly. [ 2 Answers ]

The drain for my Water Softener, Washer, and basement sink sits behind my washer. It is a 2 inch PVC pipe that comes out of the wall, has a visible trap, and stands vertically about 2 feet. The washer drains into the top and the Softener and sink water enter the pipe through a PVC that joins the...

View more questions Search