Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimmoste Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2006, 02:39 PM
    Basement Bathroom Rough-in
    Hi! I have a 2 piece rough-in for my basement, but I also want to put in a bathtub. The rough-in includes a 3" abs stub out for the toilet and a 1 1/2" stub out drain that is vented. I'm going to have to break into the concrete... where is the best place to drain into (p trap then into the 3", or p trap then into the 1 1/2)? Also what would stop the toilet or sink from paritally draining into the tub? Thanks.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 17, 2006, 04:24 PM
    Hey jim,

You will bring the 1 1/2" up 18" to the center of a 1 1/2" drainage tee and stub out for the lavatory. From the top of the tee you will extent the pipe out the roof for a vent. The tub will tie back to the lavatory drain where it will be wet vetted. Then tub will rough in about 15 1/2" off the back wall to the center of the traps raiser and 1 1/2" off the front plate. You will also need to cut in a 12" square hole in the cement for a tub dap out where the trap sets. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Basement Bathroom Rough-in [ 9 Answers ]

My house (approx 15 yrs old) has a basement bathroom rough-in. It has 3 pipes protruding, one is 4" in diameter, one is 1 3/4" (inside dia.) & the other is 2" in diameter. Assuming, one (4") is for the toilet, one (1 3/4") is for the shower vent and the other (2") is for the shower drain. The...

Basement bathroom rough in [ 2 Answers ]

I am in the process of getting our basement developed and have a question with regards to roughing in for a bathroom. We have a heated floor and wish to put our bathroom in a different location than what was originally roughed in for. We have had a couple of plumbers advise us against doing this...

Yet another basement bathroom rough in [ 7 Answers ]

I apologize in advance for the broken record, but I'm thinking of roughing in a bathroom in my basement myself. I intended on hiring a plumber until I got the first quote :eek: I have a full bathroom roughed in, with a 12"x12" box with a 2" drain for the shower/tub on the far left. In the...

Basement Bathroom Rough-In [ 7 Answers ]

Good afternoon. I am overhauling my basement and I have removed a 10' x 10' section of slab in order to rough in the drainage for a new bathroom. see layout: http://www.korteco.com/ben/floorplan.jpg My first question is what size pipe (using PVC) should I use for my shower drain. I am...

Basement bathroom rough ins [ 3 Answers ]

I'm in the process of developing my basement. There is no rough-in for bathrooms. I'm putting an ensuite attached to a room with a shower, vanity and toilet. Backing on to this bathroom is another 1/2 bathroom with toilet and sink. There was no future vent put in when the house was built making...

View more questions Search