Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MedicBarbie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2008, 11:22 PM
    Cost of install, Washer/Dryer, Utility Sink
    Hey experts!

I'd like to know the approximate cost of install of a washer/dryer and a utility sink. I have no problem buying the sink/faucet prior to install, and I already have a washer, I just need to decide on a dryer.

I would like do this in my garage. The wall is sheetrock, and on the other side of the wall is the sink of my powder room, so water is nearby.

There is gas approximately 6ft away - and there is an electric nearby, but my circuit breakers are in the basement, which is a long ways away, so I'm thinking it might just be easier to hook up the gas. My laundry room is about 10ft away, (this would be a 2nd washer/dryer for dog laundry - DON'T ASK!) so there is also a vent nearby, honestly - it's in the garage, so if it vents into the room, that's okay too.

It depends on what would be easier to hook up as to my final decision of electric/gas dryer.

I am in PA, about 30 miles northwest of Philadelphia.

Thanks so much for your help! :)
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Aug 7, 2008, 12:21 AM
    Hello MedicBarbie!

Rather difficult to reply to without a detailed floorplan.
    Why don't you ask two or three different installers for a "rough" quotation?
    At least they can work from the actual situation and asses the required installation time much better.

Success !

:)
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 7, 2008, 03:03 PM
    Unless you have a heated garage, how are you going to keep pipes from freezing?
    MedicBarbie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2008, 10:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hkstroud
    Unless you have a heated garage, how are you going to keep pipes from freezing?
    My garage is heated! :) It's finished, with an epoxy coated floor and sheetrocked walls/ceiling. It still has an overhead door, because it's just a one car garage, so I don't want to lose it in case I ever inherit a '57 Porsche, I'll have a place to put it. ;)

Thanks for the advice. I'll get a rough estimate. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Utility sink install (variation on a theme) [ 6 Answers ]

I have seen a number of posts about installing a utility sink in a laundy room. I would like to do the same, but here is the difference. It is no longer a laundry room. So how can I hook up the sink to the old landry supplies and drain as easily as possible without the added complexity of it...

Hook up hot & cold lines and drain to garage utility sink next to clothes washer [ 1 Answers ]

I desire to hook up a utility sink nedst to the existing clothes washer in an enclosed garage area. The washer has existing hot and cold supply lines coming from the wall with a ¾” brass bibb. Can I, and if so, how, can I connect hot and cold lines to the utility sink. It has a standard type...

Install new washer/dryer [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all, Wanting to install a new electric washer/dryer in a condo. In the space I want it, there is a functional sink and a 120 volt outlet. A few questions: 1. The sink will be removed due to space constraints. The 120 volt outlet will be replaced with a 220 volt outlet. Can you walk...

View more questions Search