Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WPOLO Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2008, 11:57 AM
    Having my dryer vent to the side, not back
    I have a gas Maytag and have been told it is an easy process. I see where I would know out the hole after this I have no idea what is required. Can anyone help?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 4, 2008, 12:17 PM
    Changing the direction of the exhaust vent is not difficult. After knocking out that plate you need to add a 90 degree 3" elbow and then your flexible duct.
    WPOLO Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2008, 01:56 PM
    Thanks!
    I have a 90degree elbow that I use coming out the back.
    How hard and with what do you recommend I knock out the plate?
    I have seen some 'kits' for sale on some sites. I will assume if I have the piping these are not needed?
    Thanks again!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 4, 2008, 04:27 PM
    The kit should not be needed if you have your elbow. The plate, if its like the last one I did, is held by only 3 or 4 small tabs around the edge, llok closely. You should be able to hold a solid block of wood on one side just outside the ring and then hit with a hammer from the other side. Becareful as the plate detaches because it will have some sharp spots. The final one or two tabs usually require you grab with plyers and work back and forth several times until the steel weakens.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dryer Vent into Heater Vent? [ 6 Answers ]

Is it possible OK to feed a dryer vent into an already existing heater vent? I am thinking of installing a dryer in the middle of lower level two story house. The closest vent is the heater in the closet with the heater and water heater. Is it OK to run the went from the dryer into one of these...

Side venting gas dryer [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Elite gas dryer that is about 6 years old. Right now the dryer vent comes out the back of the dryer, but the exhaust has to make 2 90 degree turns before it goes into the outlet in the wall. At the bottom on the side there is an exhaust sized circle that looks like the exhaust...

Would a clogged dryer vent keep a dryer from turning on? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a relatively new GE stack W/D - would a clogged dryer vent keep the dryer from turning on? Does it have a sensor to keep it from turning on if it senses a blockage?

Dryer Vent [ 1 Answers ]

I need to install a dryer vent in an apartment and the ideal location on the outside of the building is 80' from the dryer. Is it an issue having an 80' dryer vent flex duct?

Connecting dryer vent to bathroom vent? [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone out there know if I can connect my dryer vent to my bathroom vent using a t-connection? Thanks Me

View more questions Search