Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    OLDVANCE Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2008, 08:29 PM
    Faucet handles without set screws ?
    Hi
    I installed a new faucet set on my ped. Sink and after a month the two faucets handles began to get loose and can rock back and forth. There are no set screws or ornamental caps hiding set screws. Does anyone know where you go to tighten the faucet handles?
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/images/smilies/eek.gif
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 28, 2008, 08:43 PM
    Show a pic of handle, close
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jul 28, 2008, 10:19 PM
    When you installed the faucet - how did you install the handles ? Were they part of the eschutcheon ? If positive, than remove eschutcheon and look for the screw inside the cup. Otherwise, handles should unscrew from eschutcheons.
    OLDVANCE Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2008, 06:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Milo Dolezal
    when you installed the faucet - how did you install the handles ? were they part of the eschutcheon ? If positive, than remove eschutcheon and look for the screw inside the cup. otherwise, handles should unscrew from eschutcheons.

Hi
    THey were part of the eschutcheon. How do I remove without taking the whole thing off?

Oldvance
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 30, 2008, 06:31 AM
    Is there a insert on top of the handle?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jul 30, 2008, 06:39 AM
    Let me quess: Delta , Moen faucet ? Take the eschutcheon off, look inside of it. There should be a screw

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower faucet handle -has no screws? Remove? [ 2 Answers ]

My shower faucet handles are Elger shiny chrome 1 piece handles. Shaped like a fluted ball with a cylinder beneath it. They have no screws holding them on. They do have a small rectangular "cross pin" looking thing. It can't be driven out, and it may be a spring that snaps in an indentation?...

Removing Shower Faucet Handles [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm a newbie so forgive me if this has been answered. I have an older Central shower faucet with three knobs. I am trying to remove the Hot & Cold water knobs to replace the washers, but after removing the "end" screws the handles will not come off. I tried forcefully but with caution...

Replacing decorative bath faucet handles [ 1 Answers ]

I have a jaccuzzi tub that is fairly new but the vertical teeth inside the large chrome on brass handle (which are plastic) that grab the stem have stripped. It is apparently one of the more difficult stems to match. I have not been succesfull locally. I think it would be classified at or near a...

Leaking faucet in bathtub-2 handles-30 yrs old [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to get the hot water handle to come off so I can put a washer on it. I can't get that stem thing to come out and hot water is coming out at a fast clip! :confused:

Stuck handles on compression faucet [ 4 Answers ]

I am attempting to change the seat washer on a compression faucet, however the faucets (circa 1955) appear to be stuck and can't be removed for access to the stem. Is there a plumbing tool, product or process to help remove the handle from the stem?

View more questions Search