Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    homemaker007 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2008, 12:35 PM
    Bathtub faucet valve - hot water
    This morning I have noticed this problem with the bathtub faucet valve. When I turn the valve anti-clockwise from 5 O clock position cold water runs at normal pressure until the valve reaches 12 O colck position. This is usual but when I continue to turn the valve to get hot water the pressure drops to almost zero and vely less water flows. The water is hot though. When the turn the valve backwards (clockwise towards 5 O clock), the pressure becomes normal and cold water flows as usual. I am not pretty sure but I hear kind of hissing noise (leak? ) from behind the wall. The valve is MOEN make. I checked the other bathroom and the water flow is normal both cold and hot.

I would appreaciate if anybody can share similer experience or suggetions.

Thanks,
    Nagesh
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2008, 01:36 PM
    I hear kind of hissing noise (leak? ) from behind the wall. The valve is MOEN make. I checked the other bathroom and the water flow is normal both cold and hot.
    I would appreaciate if anybody can share similer experience or suggetions.

Thanks,
    Nagesh

It appears that you have leak from the mixer valve

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathtub faucet has hot water, but shower doesn't. [ 3 Answers ]

The house I live in is old but had all the plumbing redone 2 years ago. I turn the bathtub faucet on and adjust the temp. to my preference but as soon as I turn the handle for the shower head to come on, the water is cold. Majority of the hot water is coming out of the faucet and not the shower...

Water comes out sinks, not bathtub faucet [ 1 Answers ]

The Location: Phoenix, AZ -this might be important because it's usually not this cold here The Scenario: for the past few days (when temps have dropped into the 40's and *gulp* 30's over night), when I turn my shower on in the morning, the hot water trickles out. Same with the faucet in the...

Unknown bathtub faucet valve stem - what is it? Where can I find one like it? [ 6 Answers ]

I was working on my girlfriend's bathroom faucets this weekend. I took apart the bathtub faucets. I had never seen this style before, but, not being a professional, I thought that was just me. I live in Paducah, KY. I took it to the Lowe's and Home Depot with no luck. I then took it to the two...

Little to no cold water in bathtub faucet [ 1 Answers ]

Can you please tell me if I need to have the faucet replaced or is there some type of adjustment that can be made to fix my problem. I have no problem with hot water it comes out full force.

Bathtub faucet, valve, drain alignments [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Yesterday I had a plumber install a new bathtub and rough in the plumbing. The problem is that the drain does not align with the faucet, valve or shower head. Could they just notch out the 2x4 and move the valve further to the right to align the fixtures? I paid them $1300 and it just does...

View more questions Search