Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imhigginscbs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2008, 02:29 AM
    Snake stuck in drain pipe
    I used a power snake with 1/2 in cable, went in 10 - 15 feet and it wouldn't go an further.
    Now the snake won't go in or out. How can I get it out. I bought a retrieval tool with a 3/8 inch cable. How do I use it.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 19, 2008, 06:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by imhigginscbs
    I used a power snake with 1/2 in cable, went in 10 - 15 feet and it wouldn't go an further.
    Now the snake wont go in or out. How can I get it out. I bought a retrieval tool with a 3/8 inch cable. How do I use it.
    A retrieval tip,(see image) in only used when the cable's broke off in the pipe.
    Is that the case here? If it's simply stuck then reverse the motor and pull back,** hard! Good luck, Tom
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 19, 2008, 07:17 AM
    Yep, run it forward/backward, and on the backward pull hard, and if it breaks then you use the other tool. And if that does not work, you find it, dig it up and get it out.
    gunny45 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2010, 08:52 PM
    Had a major blockage in my mainline 4" sewer line, cause: roots from a city tree. Called my plumber who turned loose the heavy snake to clear the blockage. Got stuck, could not retrack the snake, "Two" days of working it back and fourth, pulling, applying powder soap to lube it, nothing worked. Plumber called another plumber and sent down a camera. The first snake had punched through the blockage and was stuck in the thick roots; Remedy: mesured the camera line in distance to the blockage, sent a second snake with mesured distance and chipped away at the blockage little by little, success! recovered snake. Sent camera down again and discovered city tree had breached the cities 6" mainline pipe, and was creeping up to my home mainline. Sending bill to City Hall. If you have any questions about this call Gerri at Drain-All- Rooter- Montebello, California.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 28, 2010, 06:03 AM

Thanks for the information anhd the update. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drain King Nozzle Stuck in Drain Pipe [ 8 Answers ]

I have a Drain King #501 nozzle stuck in a 1-1/2 drain pipe at a T joint. The nozzle and hose inserted easily past the joint for several feet and cleared the clog in the drain pipe. I turned off the water and was able to pull the hose out until the nozzle came to the joint. It will not come out...

Snake stuck in the main sewer line [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I try to clean my main sewer with my 1/2" mini rooter snake. It seems that it bindup probably with tree roots and would not reverse or go forward. Is there any other device that I can use to pull the sanke out? My mini rooter seems to over heat and shut off. The sewer is working fine when...

Snake stuck in sewer pipe [ 1 Answers ]

I rented the large electric snake to clean the roots out of the pipe and the snake is now stuck. I have rented the snake before and have been very successful never had this problem. Any ideas.

Vent pipe turned into drain pipe and drain pipe into vent pipe [ 3 Answers ]

I recently began to remodel my laundry room. I wanted to move the washing machine 3 ft from its current spot. When I removed the sheet rock I found that the vent pipe is between the current washing machine drain and where I am moving my washing machine. I wanted to avoid breaking into the slab....

View more questions Search