Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aWilmoth1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2008, 10:30 AM
    No pressure in bladder tank
    I have a bladder tank installed at my home. We had to cut the power to the tank off several days ago due to a replacement of an external pipe. When we turned the power back on, there is a humming sound as soon as any faucet is turned on, or whenever any toilet is flushed. There is a meter on the bladder tank that always showed the amount of pressure in the tank. Now it is on "0", even when someone is running water. What is causing the humming?

I've called the company that installed the tank, but they are now working only on jobs. He suggested the control box might have gone bad. A plumber friend suggested that it was air in the pipes. We cut the power off again and opened all the faucets, but it is still humming. HELP!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 2, 2008, 10:39 AM
    Shut the pump off! Don't let it run dry. It sounds like you lost prime. There's a small plug, or it could be a gage, located on top of the pumps impeller cage. Remove the plug/gage and fill to overflowing. Put the plug/gage back and start the pump. You should be building up pressure in a few minutes. If you can't fill the inpeller housing up to overflowing then you have a faulty check or foot valve. Let me know how it goes. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pressure/bladder tank losing pressure? [ 11 Answers ]

Well, I have asked some questions about my plumbing before. So I am calling on you guys once again. I have a 52 gallon pressure tank/bladder tank made by wellsaver. I turn the water on and have good pressure for a few minutes then it basically goes dead with no pressure. I recently posted questions...

Storage Tank or Bladder Tank? [ 8 Answers ]

We just had a new well put in. The well person installed a 220 gallon storage tank (not bladder) when we turn on our sprinkler system our submersible well pump cuts in every 50seconds. We are using approximately 16 gallons per minute. Should the well person have put in a bladder tank instead of a...

Bladder Tank Replacement [ 2 Answers ]

I need to replace my 86 gallon bladder tank. Can I replace it with a larger size, any benefits from doing so? I live in a two-story house, and there is one bathroom downstairs that has always had low pressure. I will install it myself. Do you have a recommendation for a supplier and also a...

Replacing a bladder tank [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 18 year old Perma Tank PAD 20. According to all the prior dialog on this site about pressure drops and short cycling, it sounds like I have a ruptured bladder. The tank clunks all the way to the top and water comes out the pressure valve. I'm pretty handy. Is a bladder tank something I...

Residential Bladder Pressure Water Tank [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a rural area and my home is supplied by a well with a submersible pump. The water comes into a bladder pressure tank. I have noticed that when the shower or the dishwasher is running, the switch for the submersible well pump keeps switching off and on. I am worried that I will burn up...

View more questions Search