Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dog e dog Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2008, 10:42 AM
    Delta shower valve drip even after new ball and seats
    My delta shower single handle faucet has for quite sometime dripped when turned off--The valve is about 20 yrs old. I installed a new kit about 3 years ago due to a small drip (ball, seals and springs). Once the valve internals were replaced with a new ball, rubber seals and springs, and top seal, about 3 yrs ago, the valve still had a drip--but only about a drip in a day --so yesterday, I decided to replace the internals again --not using genuine delta parts, (however, they were specifically made for delta --single handle faucet) --I inspected the body and did not see anything unusual, and installed the new parts (ball, seats, seal and springs)--still drips --I contacted delta and they said to use their parts only, so I ordered them --I am thinking in the back of my mind, they will not work either --has anyone experienced the same problem? Thanks b
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 28, 2008, 10:48 AM
    When you had the valve open did you turn the water back on for a few seconds to flush out any crud that may still in the supplies or valve body? Regards, Tom
    dog e dog Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2008, 10:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dog e dog
    my delta shower single handle faucet has for quite sometime dripped when turned off--The valve is about 20 yrs old. I installed a new kit about 3 years ago due to a small drip (ball, seals and springs). Once the valve internals were replaced with a new ball, rubber seals and springs, and top seal, about 3 yrs ago, the valve still had a drip--but only about a drip in a day --so yesterday, I decided to replace the internals again --not using genuine delta parts, (however, they were specifically made for delta --single handle faucet) --I inspected the body and did not see anything unusual, and installed the new parts (ball, seats, seal and springs)--still drips --I contacted delta and they said to use their parts only, so I ordered them --I am thinking in the back of my mind, they will not work either --has anyone experienced the same problem?? thanks b
    Yes --yesterday I did --but not before --
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 28, 2008, 11:18 AM
    And , after flushing the supplies it still drips? Did you make very sure that the flat spot in the valve, that the seats and springs set on, have no nicks or rough spots? Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing Shower Valve Stems/Seats [ 1 Answers ]

Since the valve stems don't have a brand name anywhere on them I am concerned I may get the wrong size or thread type. Are plumbing parts consistent all across the board? I just can't seem to get this drip to stop completely. I can slow it down, but the washer ends up getting wrecked in about 3...

Water Pressure Valve and Ball Valve [ 1 Answers ]

My plumber told me my water pressure is too high and is ruining my fixtures. Apparently my house is old and does not have these. Is installing these valves something I can do myself? The plumber wants to charge me $500.00. If so, where can I get directions? Help.

Replacing shower faucet seats? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been trying to remove the seats in my shower faucet, and I think they are stripped. Am I turning them the wrong way? (right tight left loose, not sure if mayber they are reversed for some plummbing reason?) and if they are to stripped, how do I change them? Thanks.

Gas drip leg?/air valve? [ 1 Answers ]

Two questions. First, whenever I run a gas line to a major appliance such as a furnace or water heater I always install a drip leg for the obvious reasons. I’ve never thought about it until recently but I have never seen (or at least remember) a drip leg installed on the gas line that supplies...

View more questions Search