Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    booger97 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2008, 10:48 AM
    How do remove shower
    I am removing a stand up shower{insert].I have remove everything that holds in the shower.HOW do I remover the drain from the bottom?
    Thanks for any help!
    Sharon
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 8, 2008, 11:24 AM
    Hi Sharon,
    Your insert didn't make it through. Would this be a custom tile shower or a manufactured base and enclosure?
    What type of pipes? Plastic or metal? Why are you removing your shower? Please give me something to work with here. Regards, Tom
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 8, 2008, 11:27 AM
    Tom's right, withoput a pic or better description we can't tell you how to disconnect the drain. It makes a huge difference between a custom mud pan and a fiberglass floor.
    booger97 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2008, 12:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    Hi Sharon,
    Your insert didn't make it through. Would this be a custom tile shower or a manufactured base and enclosure?
    What type of pipes? Plastic or metal? Why are you removing your shower? Please give me something to work with here. Regards, Tom
    Hi Tom
    This is a manufactured fiberglass insert in a doublewide. The pipes are plastic.I can get under the house but am not sure what to unscrew
    And if I do what to do, do just cap it off? I am taking the shower out to make a closet.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 8, 2008, 12:45 PM
    =booger97]Hi Tom
    This is a manufactured fiberglass insert in a doublewide. The pipes are plastic.I can get under the house but am not sure what to unscrew
    and if I do what to do, do just cap it off? I am taking the shower out to make a closet.
    Hey Booger, Ya just made my answer and your life a lot easier. If all you wish is the shower gone and you don't plan on installing another simply cut the plastic base from around the drain. You will be left with a plastic drain hooked to a plastic pipe from the trap. Since this is a mobile home you want to work from the top. Cut the drain off first and then open the hole a bit around the pipe coming from the trap. You may need a set of inside PVC cutters,(see image) to cut the pipe off a inch or so below the floor. At the same time you pick up the cutters pick up a PVC Hard Cap ,(see image) in the correct size, a small can bof PVC Primer and a small can of PVC cement. Make your cut, paint the inside of the cap and the outside of the cap and glue the cap on the traps pipe. That's all!
    Deck over it and your shower's gone. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remove shower faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to remove the faucet from my bathtub. The knob that you pull up so that the water comes out of the shower head broke. I have tried to unscrew the faucet and it won't come off it just turns and turns. HELP, PLEASE.

How to remove Shower Base? [ 2 Answers ]

We are trying to replace our master bath shower and cannot remove the shower base that is currently in place. The shower drain appears to be attached to the base. We have attempted to remove the rubber ring around the drain, but are not able to as it is very thick and hardened. We do have access to...

Remove shower fixture [ 1 Answers ]

I'm replacing the hot/cold knob on shower. The front plate is removed, but I can't get the middle part to disconnect from the hot/cold pipes.

Remove shower cartridge [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Moen shower control, about 20 years old, no model number evident. The flow, both hot and cold, seems to have gradually diminished. The handle freely moves to both extremes as well as off-on. I tried to remove the cartridge to look for a clog, but couldn't figure out how. I was able to...

View more questions Search