Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jim1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2008, 08:19 AM
    How much well water pressure pumptrol broke
    Hello
    My name is Jim, I have a major problem. My pumtrol switch keep jumping off and don't turn back on unless I turn it on. Do I need to replace the switch? How much air pressure should be in the holding tank when dry and how much should be in the tank when filled with water? Can you tell me the correct procedure to fill the tank when dry? Please help!

Thank you
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 26, 2008, 09:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1
    Hello
    My name is Jim, I have a major problem. My pumtrol switch keep jumping off and don't turn back on unless I turn it on. Do I need to replace the switch? How much air pressure should be in the holding tank when dry and how much should be in the tank when filled with water? Can you tell me the correct procedure to fill the tank when dry? Please help!
    Thank you
    Hi jim,
    There is a small tube running from the pump to the control box. Make sure it's not clogged and pressure can get through to the control box. If the tube is clear then you may have a bad control box.
    To set the air pressure in a bladder tank, look at the cut-in pressure on your pressure switch. Now drain the line down with the pump off. When there is no more water coming out of the hose bib, set the pressure 2 lbs. below the cut-in pressure. Check it with a tire gage. If your presssure control is set to come on at 20 PSI and go off at 40 PSI then your gage should read 18 PSI.
    How much air pressure should be in the holding tank when dry and how much should be in the tank when filled with water? Can you tell me the correct procedure to fill the tank when dry?
    I've already told you what the pressure should be in a bladder tank with the pump shut off and the system drained down. The pressure in the tank when there's water in the tank and the pump's up to pressure should be about the same as the cut out pressure on the control box. You donot have to fill the bladder tank. Simply set the air pressure and the rest is automatic when the pump runs. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pumptrol Pressure Regulator adjustment [ 12 Answers ]

How do I adjust the pressure regulator on a Pumptrol to increase the amount of pressure?

How to wire a 20-40# pumptrol pressure switch for a deep well? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all: My daughter asked me to wire power to her deep water well... I will be using #12 2 wire w/ ground through a 20 amp circuit breaker to a 20-40# pumptrol pressure control switch... The pumptrol has four terminals in a line, the two end terminals are marked "L" and the two center terminals are...

Low water pressure causing high blood pressure [ 1 Answers ]

I have low or no hot water pressure to the downstairs bathroom. I've replaced the cartridges, valves and hot water heater, still no pressure... help.

Pumptrol water pump [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how to prime a pumptrol water pump.

Low water pressure in an area known for high pressure [ 3 Answers ]

Greetings, My wife and I are in the process of updating 1957 side by side split level. The previous owner (OK, my Mom as I bought the house I grew up in from her) said that when they moved in they had to install a pressure reducer into the line. I have searched high and low but, I can't see...

View more questions Search