Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lumpy8002 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2008, 07:13 AM
    Corian Crack
    Is it possible for heat from a laptop to crack a corian counter and should I try to repair or get a pro?
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2008, 07:33 AM
    From my experience Corian is pretty much bullet proof. Heat will as I understand it burn the product but will not crack it. A crack sounds like stress or maybe not supported properly allowing it to flex. Might be time to call in the pros and have then fix it and reset it properly?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 25, 2008, 08:10 AM
    Cut to the chase and call a pro. Scratches can be repaired fairly easily by the homeowner but not a crack. Many cracks are not repairable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Corian countertop crack repair [ 16 Answers ]

Hello, Would anyone know where I can get a Corian repair kit and instructions on how to repair the crack in my counter? I would like to repair it myself. Thank you.

Crack in corian [ 5 Answers ]

We have corian countertops and now have a crack in the sink which is one continuous flow from countertop. All one piece. The crack goes all the way through and it leaks to the underneath. The crack is about 12 inches long. Does anyone know if this can be repaired or will we have to replace...

Solid Countertop (Corian or Similar) Crack Repair [ 3 Answers ]

Someone in our home cut directly on our countertop, then later I stood on the countertop near the cut, and I believe the cut mark then acted like a score mark on glass and the counter broke or cracked all the way through. The 1/2 inch solid material. The countertop is made of a solid material...

Corian [ 1 Answers ]

How do I refinish a corian countertop?

Help me before I crack [ 1 Answers ]

OK I know this is not a lot to work with but I heard this song on a classic rock station, you know 70's 80's and 90's anyway the song sort of sounds like a gangster movie its got gun shots, squealin tires, and police sirens but no real lyrics, I believe the dj said it was a song from the band...

View more questions Search