Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jocama Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2008, 12:24 PM
    Leaky outdoor faucet
    I have a leaky outdoor faucet. I replaced the washer in it but it still leaks. Does anybody know what else could be the cause of this and what I can do about it?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 22, 2008, 03:03 PM
    Chances are good the seat is bad too. That new washer should be pitched out because it is now scored by the bad seat. Buy, borrow or rent a faucet valve seating tool and reseat the place where the washer makes its seal. Some faucets have replaceable seats, look inside to see if there is a medium sizied Allen wrench hole, that's a replaceable seat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaky faucet [ 4 Answers ]

Plumbing How do I stop a leaky faucet in the bathtub. It is a single handle Delta faucet.

Leaky faucet [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to install a valve seat and spring, every time I do it still leaks but more than before..

Leaky outdoor hose/spigot connection [ 2 Answers ]

If my hose connection at the spigot sprays water everywhere, do I have to replace the whole spigot? It seems that when I connect the hose end to the spigot, I don't get too many rotations. When I turn on the faucet, water sprays everywhere from the hose/spigot connection. Did the winter freeze...

Leaky outdoor faucet [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to fix outdoor hose bibb, spigot or whatever it is called!! Water runs fine when hose is not connected. When hose is connected water flows out of anti syphon cap on top of faucet. Any suggestions?

Leaky Faucet [ 1 Answers ]

OK my faucet has been leaking so I decided to replace the washers in the handles Every diagram or picture I look at has a packing nut holding the stem down but mine doesn't it has a little pin stuck through the stem so I pulled that out but I still can't figure out how to get the stem out I'm not...

View more questions Search