Ask
    danman158 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2008, 06:43 PM
    How to prime a jet-pump
    How do you prime a jet-pump
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2008, 06:47 PM
    At the top of the pump housing you will find a plug (might be a pressure gauge). Remove plug... fill with water until it overflows... replace plug.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 20, 2008, 04:54 AM
    Spot on with the answer. Let me add a bit. The impeller cage will fill to the top If the water drains away and you have to keep adding water then you have a faulty check valve that must be replaced before the pump will hold prime. Good luck, Tom
    Churchill66542 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2012, 12:33 PM
    So if you have to keep pulling the plug and adding water the foot valve is bad?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you prime a pump? [ 5 Answers ]

Can somebody tell me how to prime a sprinkler pump the right way? I have 2 cut-off valves on my system. The first one leads to the pump, and the other valve leads to the cylinder shaped thing with the five tubes on it... My question is: do I close the 2nd valve and open the first valve to let water...

How do I prime a well pump [ 10 Answers ]

We have been without power for over 10 hrs and now I have no water. I was told I need to prime the well pump but I don't know how. I have never had this problem before. Can Anyone one help. The holding tank is inside the pump its self is out side.

Well pump will not prime. [ 0 Answers ]

Hi everyone, Recently I had a break in my water line going between the well pump and the pressure tank. It happened over night while I was asleep. When I awoke I heard the well pump running in the basement. When I finally went to inspect it I found my basement completely full of water. ...

Pump prime [ 2 Answers ]

I lost my prime on the pump for my home well. My question is how to prime?

Water pump will not prime [ 2 Answers ]

My outside water pump will not prime. I loose prime every time the eltric goes out. Please help. I have no water.

View more questions Search