Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zjclucky Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2008, 08:13 PM
    Dripping noise
    I have a dripping noise coming from the upstairs bathroom, that I hear in the ceiling of the room below. It drips all the time. Sometimes fast, sometimes slower(3 seconds/per drip). There is water on and around the ceiling.

It can not be hot/cold water pipe leakage. Otherwise, I could hear the different noise of “sh…sh…” and a lot of water would leak out.

It can not be drainage pipe of upstairs bathroom. Otherwise, the noise should stop when faucets are shut down and water in drainage pipes ran out.

I guess it is because of condensation on the cold water pipe above the downstairs ceiling. But how could I make sure of this guess?

Any ideas as to what might be causing the problem, or how I can avoid tearing up downstairs room’s ceiling? Thanks a lot.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2008, 10:00 PM
    Zjclucky - Don't give up on the fact that it can't be the camode . Ill tell you what , take some red food coloring and pore some in the camode tank let it set fror about 30 min. to an hour ( Don't LET ANY ONE USE DURNING THIS TIME) Now check to see if the water in the camode base has red colored water in it , If it does then replace the flapper in the bottom of the tank, I have found this to happen once in awhile , If this don't help come back on and we'll try another route . Good Luck & GOD BLESS ::: F.B.E.
    zjclucky Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2008, 06:19 PM
    Thank you very much.

I checked the toilet's drainage pipe under the toilet. It's dry. Also the position of toilet is away from the noise of dripping. So I think it must be something else.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dripping Noise from Ceiling [ 9 Answers ]

Dear experts: I am a new home owner and know almost nothing about the house. Hopefully you can help me out with this annoying sound. Recently I heard some dripping sound from the ceiling between ground and second floor. I never heard about the noise before until last week I raised the...

Dripping noise [ 8 Answers ]

How to fix the dripping noise in the toilet tank?

Toilet has a dripping noise.why? [ 4 Answers ]

Can anyone explain to me (in layman's terms as I am not familiar with plumbing lingo) the reason why my toilet has a dripping noise coming from it 24 hours a day? Also, I am not sure if there is any relation with regards to this... it has such a weak flush, I am always afraid someone will block it...

Dripping noise [ 5 Answers ]

We have a dripping noise coming from the upstairs bathroom, that we hear in the ceiling of the room below. It drips during and after we shower, but there is no water damage on the ceiling. We even checked the recessed lights and the fan/vent in the downstairs bathroom, and there's no water! It...

Dripping Noise... [ 2 Answers ]

Hi: We have 2 story house and when we start the taps in the sink or in the shower on 2nd floor it makes either dripping or some kind of beat noise comes on the 1st floor. It doesn't leak or anything but sometimes it makes lot of noise as if something is dripping constantly until the tap or...

View more questions Search