Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    woodsmillie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2008, 07:59 PM
    How do I raise the flange to make it even with the new floor
    I laid new ceramic tile in my bathroom but now the flange for the toilet is below the floor line. How do I raise the flange so I can install the toilet without it leaking:confused:
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Apr 7, 2008, 03:43 AM
    Hi wood:

You use an extension flange kit... see pic. They are sold at all home supply stores. Kits come with flanges that are different thicknesses.

Clean the old flange real good, then choose best flange for your job... bring flanges flush or slightly higher than finish floor... install tight to old flange by screwing flanges to floor, and then set toilet using extra thick wax gasket and extra long johnny bolts (also in pic.).

That should do it for you... Mark

If this answer helped, please RATE THIS ANSWER. Thank you.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing floor flange on slab floor [ 6 Answers ]

The plastic floor flange is broken and it appears to be poured into the slab. How can I remove it? Can I just ge a new flange that would fit inside the pipe and install it right over top?

Raise closet flange on cast iron pipe [ 3 Answers ]

I am installing a new hardwood floor in my bathroom and a new wc. The waste line is cast iron. What is the simplest way to raise the flange the 3/4" (I think) to accommodate the new floor? Thanks Steve

Closet flange below floor [ 1 Answers ]

First of all, great forum! I am installing a new toilet, but the floor has been built up over the years- two different times with 3/4 inch plywood panels. The original flange was never raised when this was done. I stand about 6'4" tall and my aim has gotten pretty good over the years, but as I age,...

Uneven flange below floor [ 2 Answers ]

When I am facing the wall with the fresh water supply line - here is the situation in the house I just moved into. The back tip of the toilet flange is level with the floor and the other half is about 1 and 1/2 inches below the floor level. The flange is 3inch PVC. One side of the flange is...

Raise the flange? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm having trouble deciding if I should raise my flange or not. I have just replaced my subfloor (due to leaking toilet) and I have now installed tile raising my floor approx 3/4 of an inch. The reason the toilet leaked in the first place is because the flange was too high and someone did not...

View more questions Search