Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    VeryConfused Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2006, 08:37 AM
    Having an irritating problem with my period
    Hopefully you can help me with this. For the past year I have been having a problem with my menstrals. Every month, either before it or after, I develop a very irritating vaginal infection. Most of the time it occurs immediately after my period. I had begun to think that I was allergic to my own uterin lining. It got to the point when I assumed that it was something that just happens to women my age (I'm 41). But I am really concerned. I just finish a cycle this past Monday and I had to purchase Monistat 3 day last night. First I tried soaking in the bathtub (something my mother suggested) but it didn't help. There isn't much of a discharge but what does come out has a very foul smell and my vaginal area is burning and slightly swollen. There isn't any itching though. Most of the time it last for about 4-5 days after my period has ended. Please help.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Feb 11, 2006, 12:58 AM
    VeryConfused, you have a yeast infection and Monistat isn't helping the problem. What you need is a proper treatment for the infection. You've had this for a year, so please go see a doctor as soon as possible.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2006, 10:52 AM
    Yes, Go to a doctor. Very important. As far as infections are concerned taking Baths is a big no no. When taking baths with all that soapy and dirty water, Guess where it is going. Taking baths and soaking could make it worse. You need to get advice from a doctor. It could be the pads, it could be the way you wash or anything.

Joe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where is my period?? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I've just recently turned twenty years old and very sexually active since the age of 17 (had sex with the same guy ever since). My last period began JULY 7th (yes, it's been a while) and ended JULY 9. my period only lasts for three days then my period comes after 26 days, but I haven't had it...

About period.. [ 1 Answers ]

I had period.. end of July.. but still my period.. not comes.. Actually normally my period is irregular.. but I had been sex.. so if they any chance for get pagnent... Because I don't have any knowledge about... that.. So I am afraid... please give idea and what to do.. Thanks for kindly..

Irritating under the foreskin(front of penis) [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my age is 29 I have got a problem from last 2 months I have been experiencing some small red spots under the fore skin of my penis & it is itching like a small insect sort of thing is moving.this problem I have noticed comes in cycle that is it remains for some days and goes but while having sex...

Sex While On Period [ 9 Answers ]

Hi there I had unprotected sex on the 3rd day of my period (normally lasts 4 to 5 days) and I normally have a cyle about 32 to 35 days? This period was over ten days late. I was just wondering is it possible for me to get pregnant? Its not very likely it is? I don't want to get pregnant but I was...

Period Problem [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am 14 years old and I have been bleeding, for 14 days now. Not spotting, but period bleeding. Is this normal. I am sort of consurned. Please tell me if this is normal :-/

View more questions Search