Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jojoes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2008, 04:57 PM
    Can Saniflo pumps be used in places other than basements, and are they reliable.
    I have been trying to obtain info on the saniflo pump system. I want to convert a small bedroom to a full bath, with whirlpool, in a 1960 ranch, that is situated on a slab. A plumber told me upflush plumbing was a device for basements, but I am hoping that is not true, since I hate the expense and mess involved in tearing into my slab. Any help would be appreciated!
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 14, 2008, 05:46 PM
    Jojoe:

You asked if saniflo can be used outside a basement... sure, why not?

Check out their website... can be used in basements, master bedrooms, office, warehouse, etc. Saniflo macerating toilets: install a bathroom in the basement or any small space

I think it is a great reliable pump system that has its application, for sure. I have installed quite a few of them. Never had an issue... in fact, kind of amazes me when I think about that.. Hmmm... BUT, there are drawbacks here as well. The pump cycles frequently, so that for every flush of toilet pump cycles and for full tub (as in whirlpool) the pump cycles on/off for a long time. AND it is not a nice LOW hum... but a high pitched whirring sound. The tub would also need to be built up off the ground 4 inches or so (toilet and sink are placed on floor as usual).

Another system that will not cycle as frequently is a sewage ejector system (Zoeller Pump Company ...manufacturer of submersible sump pumps for dewatering, effluent, sewage and grinder applications, home improvement products, and pump sizing software.)... check the site out for more. Info.

Otherwise (and I think in long run, best but by no means cheapest option) could also run pipe out the bedroom slab to outside house and connect onto the main drain line out in your yard.

Let me know what you think... Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heating Basements [ 1 Answers ]

I need to heat my basement due to how cold it gets in the winter..

GFCI requirements for basements [ 2 Answers ]

Hello... I am about to install a new circuit in my basement to provide receptacles for small appliances such as a TV and a sewing machine. I understand that GFCI protection is required for "unfinished" spaces. 1. Exactly how is "finished" defined for this application? The walls and floor...

Saniflo toilet flood [ 1 Answers ]

HEY ! Whilst using the toilet last night the saniflo system stopped making its usual noise and stopped now it won't flush properly( the bowl just fills with water). Ive checked the fuse which is okay. But now I need to take the whole toilet out to see what's wrong, and I haven't a clue where to...

Wood Basements [ 1 Answers ]

How do I stop the noise from my well pump where the plastic pipe enters through the wall ? It a vibrating noise

Basements/ejector pumps/washers [ 11 Answers ]

A twist on a familiar question posted here... I am attempting to move my washer/dryer into my basement. It is rough plumbed for a bath, with a 4 inch waste line dumping into a sewage ejector pit. Can I cut a tee into that 4 inch waste line and route my 2 inch washer drain line into it? I am...

View more questions Search