Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sistermill Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2008, 02:56 PM
    Sink Sprayer - can't find how to get to diverter valve?
    We've tried to replace the sink sprayer and it still doesn't work. It sprays one big burst and then trickles so we think it's the diverter valve but we can't get it out - seems low in the faucet. Don't know the manufacturer name of sink faucets. How can we be sure.
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2008, 03:10 PM
    Here is a howto from Lowe's showing the typical location of the diverter valve. It looks something like this, and is a friction fit. This might help you figure out what things look like.

Good Luck,
    WallyH
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 10, 2008, 03:15 PM
    Hi Sistermill:

I was posting when wally was... (so I revised my answer).. look at his site, shows what I say below... start by removing the sprayer first

With kitchen faucet off, remove the top of the sprayer body from the lower KNURLED 1/3 of the sprayer assembly... just twists off the bottom part (hold bottom in 1 hand, twist top off counterclockwise with the other). Now, run the water... do you have a full stream of water coming out? If you do then should only need to purchase a replacement kitchen sink sprayer (sold at all home supply stores) and install (secret to install is that little tiny clip you see holding onto the inside of the bottom of the sprayer body... remove clip, re-install new sprayer).

Well... hoping this helps somehow... let us know... Mark
    poochiemax Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2009, 07:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyHelps View Post
    Here is a howto from Lowe's showing the typical location of the diverter valve. It looks something like this, and is a friction fit. This
    might help you figure out what things look like.

Good Luck,
    WallyH
    :)Thanks:) for the info. The "how to" was great. I'll give it a try.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Faucet sometimes refuses to flow: is this because of diverter valve, or sprayer hose? [ 1 Answers ]

Sometimes my kitchen sink faucet won't work. Usually this happens when I turn the water on quickly instead of gently - there may be a moment of water, but then it's cut off immediately, and then nothing I do with the faucet handle will make it start again. If I let it sit for a few minutes, the...

Kitchen sink sprayer leaking from under sink [ 1 Answers ]

My kitchen sink sprayer is leaking from underneath my sink. We just replaced the spray head part. Could it be the hose or what else could it be? Thank you!

Replacing Diverter in Sink sprayer [ 1 Answers ]

Please explain how to replace the diverter in a Peerless sink sprayer. Thanks!

Diverter valve leak - 3 valve diverter valve? [ 1 Answers ]

My shower has three knobs and the one in the middle diverts the water flow from the tub spout to the shower. I think that means I have a 3 valve diverter valve, if not please correct me. When I turn the diverter knob so that the water comes out of the shower, there is still significant water...

View more questions Search