Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RGP Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2006, 08:46 AM
    Ejector pump odor
    I have an ejector pump for our basement bathroom and it seems to be releasing a septic odor. What can I do to eliminate the odor?
    shader Posts: 235, Reputation: 12

Jan 28, 2006, 10:21 AM
    I had the same problem. I don’t know what type of sump pit you have. Mine is an older style with the fiberglass type pit liner and a metal cover that bolts to the liner, but I suspect they're all pretty much the same. I removed the cover, sealed the edge with a quality indoor/outdoor silicon sealer and bolted it up. Also, make sure the pipe(s) going into the cover are sealed. I sealed mine up with plumber’s putty. If there are any neoprene/hubless connectors in any of the ejector pipes make sure the clamps are tight- 60 in. lbs- and check to see if any of the neoprene is cracked or rotted. Last, if any of the pit extends above the floor the pit could have a crack that is allowing fumes to escape, as could the cover if it is plastic.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ejector pump additional ques. [ 1 Answers ]

I read the post from Wesryan (basement ejector pump). It answered most of what I needed to know, though I still have some questions. I have a split level house built in 1966. The crawl space was dug out and the laundry tub was placed down there. The contractor installed the ejector pump in the...

Sewage Ejector Pump in a Basement [ 9 Answers ]

Hello all I am new to this board so forgive me if this has already been asked. I am in the process of adding a basement to our basement. We have a septic system with the discharge pipe about 3 feet above the floor. Several questions. I want to add a Toilet, sink and tub. What all has to be vented....

Sepage into ejector basin [ 4 Answers ]

Need advice/ideas on stopping seepage into ejector basin. Bi-level house, crawl space was dug out to make a basement, and contractor installed a poly basin & ejector pump for the laundry tub. He also ran the floor drain into this basin using PVC. When they cut the hole in the side of the basin...

Ejector Pit Smells! [ 3 Answers ]

I have an ejector pit in my basement with a shower, washer, and toilet draining into it. The top is bolted down and the pvc has snug rubber fittings where it passes through the top but the odor is still strong. Is there any thing I can do to control or reduce the odor?

Sizing sewage ejector [ 2 Answers ]

I am owner/builder in design stage of a new 'log' cabin with basement and just got to plumbing. I will of course hire a plumbing sub-contractor but want to avoid total redesign by 'understanding' enough basics to get it OK on my floor plan. I will post the drain and venting questions as a separate...

View more questions Search