Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    romeybarber Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2008, 06:14 AM
    Oil Burner makes loud noise when it cuts off
    When our home heater shuts down, it makes a unusually loud boom and it shuts off and on frequently
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 1, 2008, 08:42 AM
    Sounds like you need your oil burner tuned up. Call for service.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heater makes a loud generator noise [ 8 Answers ]

When I turn on my heater it makes a loud noise (sounds like a running generator). The a/c runs fine.

GE Washer makes loud noise [ 3 Answers ]

I have an older GE washer (about 5-7 years old) that has started making a loud, dry metallic grinding sound when running. I had to replace the clutch about 4 years ago and recently the clip that holds it in place came loose and I had to snap it back in place. The washer worked fine for a few...

Oil furnace, Burner cuts out [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, my original post was over a noisy draft regulator. Since then I have determined the cause of the regulator banging was the burner going out. This only occurs for a fraction of a second, just little pulses. I changed my in-line fuel filter and my burner nozzle. When I remove the inspection cover...

Basement Bathroom Sink Makes Loud Sucking Noise [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question about my bottom level bathroom sink (three story town house). When no water is running (or even when it is running) there is a sucking sound coming out of the drain. It is loud enough that you can hear it in the hallway when walking by or near the bathroom. Can you tell...

View more questions Search