Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmartini Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2008, 05:40 PM
    Toilet flush
    We just installed a new toilet and when flushing the water goes too high and all the water does not go out, does not empty..
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 21, 2008, 07:22 PM
    Hey J... I am going to bet you that when you installed the toilet you actually squeezed the wax gasket back and over the drain pipe/flange to that toilet (or there was a rag in the drain that you did not know of).

You want to lift the toilet *frown*... check the drain pipe... clear the old gasket away and reset the toilet with a new wax gasket. Set that bowl super level... using body to set bowl so that all sides are equal to the floor.

YOU would be surprised how many plumbers I have seen do this wrong... never mind apprentices... so no big deal.

Anyway, that is the place to start... let me know what happens.

If this helps please RATE MY ANSWER by clicking on rate this answer at top right or at bottom of this post. Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet flush [ 17 Answers ]

I flushed the toilet, the water goes down from the tank, but it swirls around and around in the toilet bowl but does not flush. What is the problem. Help.

Toilet Flushing: tank drains, toilet doesn't flush, brand new toilet. [ 4 Answers ]

I read the other postings, and most of the problems came in with old toilets. Mine is brand new (within a year old) and I just moved in to my new place. The condo has 2 identical toilets and the other flushes just fine. I have mimicked the settings of the working toilet and still can't get my...

Toilet tank lever breaks when I try to flush toilet [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem trying to flush my toilet. When attempting to flush the plastic tank lever often breaks and when I use the metal tank level they often bend. The only way to flush the toilet is by removing the top and pulling up the tank ball lift by hand. What can I do to solve this problem. Thank...

Toilet won't flush [ 1 Answers ]

Hi we have a sloan Flush mate toilet we bought about 2 years ago at first it flushed really good but now you have to flush it two or three times just to get the paper down what do I need to do to fix the Problem? Thanks, ...

New toilet sometimes won't flush [ 3 Answers ]

I have just installed a new toilet / replacement toilet and sometimes it just won't flush. The bowl fills up like it is clogged but it can't be because it is only liquid and no solids in the bowl. When it doesn't flush I notice that if I fill the sink with water and then let it drain out it will...

View more questions Search