Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    giverago Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2008, 10:31 AM
    Heat pump cycle time
    My Goodman heat pump cycle time is approx. 30minutes to raise the temperature from 67 to 68 degrees. We have an insulated concrete form house and it is well insulated. Is this cycle time excessive? Is there any way to adjust these cycles?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 20, 2008, 10:52 AM
    Heat pumps run for longer times when it is colder.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter 44155C Wiring - A/C turns on during heat cycle or heat will not shut off [ 0 Answers ]

Trying this again with the correct thermostat specs. Sorry, guys! It's a Hunter 44155C and the wires I have going into it are: White - W/B Red - Rh Green - G Yellow - Y1 Jumper from Rh-Rc

Heat pump takes a long time (hour or more) to raise the temperature [ 19 Answers ]

An HVAC guy just installed a Carrier 13 SEER heat pump, model number 25HBR, to heat/cool (forced air) the upstairs (10 ft ceilings) of my house (2800 sq ft) in the Washington DC area. The downstairs and basement are heated/cooled by a gas furnace/AC system. So far, I'm disappointed that the heat...

My heat pump AC works but not on heating cycle [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a 2-story house in AZ and there are 2 Lennox (sic?) heat/AC pumps, one for each floor... it has 2 Honeywell TH8000 thermostats. Last winter there wasn't any problems but tonight it started getting cold so I turned it from cool setting to heat, I can hear relays in the TS click and it says...

Heat Pump defrost cycle [ 1 Answers ]

Hopefully my question isn't redundant. Earlier this year I changed my thermostat from a manual to a programmable thermostat. The cooling and heating aspects seem to work fine but I have noticed that during the defrost cycle the aux heat doesn't appear to come on since I changed the thermostat. ...

Heat pump blower does not cycle off. [ 4 Answers ]

My problem I believe is with the blower control on a heat pump. With the thermostat in COOL or AUTO, the outdoor unit stops as expected when the temperature setpoint is reached. But the blower does not stop running. It continues to run as if it's in a manual run control. If the breaker to...

View more questions Search