Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FredOssie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2008, 02:48 PM
    Shut off Valve
    I turned off the shut-off valve to my toilet to make some repairs and now the shut off valve won't turn back on!? What happened??
    jack dandy Posts: 226, Reputation: 9

Feb 16, 2008, 04:00 PM
    You probably got some sediment or minerals caught in the valve, try turning it back and forth carefully and you might be able to turn it out or shake it lose. But do it carefully as not to break the valve or you'll have a big mess.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 16, 2008, 04:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FredOssie
    I turned off the shut-off valve to my toilet to make some repairs and now the shut off valve won't turn back on!!!?? What happened???
    Are you saying the valve handle won't turn or the valve will on but no water gets up to the tank? Backto you, Tom
    Pullinmyhairout Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2008, 11:59 AM
    It's to an ice maker on my refrigerator. I tried to shut it off but it kept on running.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shut off valve not working! [ 34 Answers ]

Hi: I am trying to fix a leaky compression faucet. I have turned off the shut off valve for the cold water under the sink so the when the handle for the cold water of the compression faucet is turned, there is no water as expected. However, even if I turn off the shut off valve for the hot...

Shut off valve stuck [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what I can do about a shut-off valve for a bathroom sink that onlt turns one half turn in either direction and does not shut the water? I am trying to replace a sink and I can't even get started. Thanks.

Shut off valve [ 3 Answers ]

I just installed a new plastic shut off valve to my hot water supply on my lavatory and I cannot get it to open. I am thinking that the glue may have glued it closed. Any ideas on how to get it unstuck without replacing it?

Shut off valve [ 3 Answers ]

Shut off valve leaking How to repair

Shut Off Valve Upgrade [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I just replaced my faucet and I had a really hard time getting the shut off valves to shut off. So, I replaced the innards of the "newer" valve (circa 1980). The problem I'm having is the older valve is a different type(circa 1960). Can it be unscrewed (forced) off the pipe and replaced...

View more questions Search