Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bruno1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2008, 03:35 PM
    Rough-in is too high for Pop-up
    I have a situation where the original rough-in on a lavatory is too high for the new countertops. When we connect the p-trap to the pop-up assembly the trap has to run up hill into the vent. Consiquently that does not work. We can't trim down the tailpieces any more without hitting the end of the trip lever linkage. We can cut away some of the threads at the top and redrill the overflow holes but that idea is not at the top of the list. We may be stuck raising the countertops as a last resort. Are you aware of anyone who makes a low profile pop-up tailpiece. Dimensions from the flange to the linkage is 4 5/16" on our present tailpiece. I need one about 3 1/4".

Thanks
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2008, 04:12 PM
    While not always advisable, you could as a last resort try 'deep trapping' the sinks.

If you have 1-1/2" plastic or steel coming out of the wall, you could use a schedule 40 glue type p-trap and substitute the 90 that comes with the trap for a regular medium turn 90.

If you go this route and have the room to do so, connect the trap to the piece of pipe coming out of the wall with a CP-150 shielded coupling, so you can take the drain apart should you ever need to snake it.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Feb 1, 2008, 04:26 PM
    Please review this thread, sounds like the same problem, just one is kitchen the other is bathroom

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/plumbi...ed-178738.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Extinction Pop [ 3 Answers ]

Can somebody can tell me about the word "extinction pop: refer to

Pop ups OK [ 1 Answers ]

I switched it to pop ups OK because I can't click on anything... (links) unless I press the shift button first. That is my first problem I can't click on manage attachments either if I want to load a picture on here, it makes a sound when I click but never follows through... Third problem is...

French pop [ 1 Answers ]

I need the name of an 80s french pop song I think the band is bertram airplane:confused:

Briggs & Stratton 15hp runs rough at high speed. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a tractor mover with a Briggs & Stratton 15hp, it runs good at lowest speed only, unless I put it at full speed and full choke, it backfire out the muffler and shuts down at any other speed. I ran through the carb, seems clean unless I missed something, the float was stuck and it would...

Pop-Ups [ 5 Answers ]

How can I block pop-up ads on windows-98? I can't even use computer for all of them?

View more questions Search