Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nycborn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2008, 03:31 PM
    Water leak under carpet in master bedroom.
    A week ago I discovered a small puddle of water on the carpet in front of the bathroom. This puddle has now grown in size. I lifted the carpet in that area and found a small hole in concrete. This hole appears to be by design ( I have no idea why) Water is flowing up from this hole. I have also now noticed that my bedroom closet carpet is soaking up with water. What is going on? What do I do? Can I fix myself?
    Some additional info. I live in a ranch style home. My bedroom is located at the front. My home does appear to sit slightly lower than my surrounding yard. I do not believe that there are any pipes located by the leaks. And when I checked into the hole if felt like sand underneath.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jan 26, 2008, 04:02 PM
    If you have a concrete floor, you must be on the ground floor or basement level. Is the floor above or below ground level? Is there any pipes in that hole? Is that hole near the head of the tub (the end where the faucet is? Does the water have any odor? Have you had a lot of rain lately or melting snow? Was any water being used used anywhere while this water was coming up out of the hole? Are you in a private dwelling or multi-housing complex (apartment or condo).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water Leak near bathtub but no leak behind tub found [ 5 Answers ]

I recently noticed water marks in the ceiling on the lower floor that is about 3-6 feet away from the tub above that floor. I had noticed similar leak several years ago, just painted it over and did not see any more water marks for several years. I cannot seem to find where it is coming from. I...

Brake fluid leak- is it the master cylinder? [ 7 Answers ]

First, my Honda Accord is a 1987 and has seen about 300,000 miles. It is slowly leaking break fluid, because about every two weeks the brake light comes on and I have to put in more fluid. I have looked at it, and the front right caliper is damp with brake fluid so I am replacing that caliper. I am...

Brake fluid leak- master cylinder or caliper? [ 1 Answers ]

First, my Honda Accord is a 1987 and has seen about 300,000 miles. It is slowly leaking break fluid, because about every two weeks the brake light comes on and I have to put in more fluid. I have looked at it, and the front right caliper is damp with brake fluid so I am replacing that caliper. I am...

Water under my carpet [ 1 Answers ]

Dear ask, I noticed my carpet was wet near my side wall in my bedroom from under my entertainment center, I have a cement floor where can this water becoming from, I have a leak under my faucet that is on the opposite side of the wall,in my bathroom I had some work done and they put in that...

HELP... PLEASE.. chimney leak? Carpet wet around fireplace... [ 5 Answers ]

Hi... I hope someone understands what might be going on.. Several weeks ago, while it was raining, we noticed in our downstairs room, the plasterboard above the wood stove... Was wet... and dripping.. onto the brick hearth... that the wood stove sits upon. My husband went up on the roof...

View more questions Search