Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reyes lujan Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Jan 20, 2008, 04:10 PM
    CPVC Problems
    My husband just installed CPVC through out the house this is and old house about 40 years old. Are problem is that when we turn on the water parts of the cpvc break apart. Like there is too much pressure help.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 20, 2008, 04:32 PM
    What's the PSI of the water entering your house? What parts of the pipes break? The glue joints? A fitting? Now I need to know that glue he used. Regards, Tom
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 20, 2008, 06:07 PM
    Do you know exactly which glue your hibby used on that CPVC. Some glues employ a primer for CPVC while some are a one step type glue. Which did he use? Tom's question is still in line ahead of me.

Jan 20, 2008, 11:34 PM
    I don't know what the PSI is but I will ask him. The glue joints are the ones breaking apart. He used a pipe cleaner and a CPVC for hot and cold water installations orange.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2008, 04:08 AM
    How long did you wait before turning on the water? 2 hrs, 24 hrs?
    Full cure usually happens in 24 hours.

What it just a cleaner or a primer/cleaner?

What was brand/catalog # of the stuff used to clean/prime/solvent weld the pipes?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 21, 2008, 10:55 AM
    Look near the bottom of this list and tell us which product your husband used. Regular Cements and Primers :: Oatey.com

Jan 26, 2008, 10:27 PM
    Thank you guys we got the problem solved!!
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 26, 2008, 10:39 PM
    If you do not mind... exactly what was the problem reyes lujan.. I am always curious about the end to a mystery! Thank you.

Jan 27, 2008, 08:15 PM
    The problem was the connection between the copper line and the new cpvc. I didn't know we still had some of that copper line left. He adjusted it by buying and adaptor one connected to the copper end and the other to the cpvc. As for the cpvc fittings, joints etc coming apart with the pressure we waited 24 hours before turning on are water.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Copper vs CPVC [ 4 Answers ]

What are the positives and negatives in using cpvc instead of using copper except for price

CPVC vs copper [ 17 Answers ]

To me, CPVC sure seems easier. Just a simple glue process. Copper however, needs to be soldered. If I'm running water for a bathroom, why SHOULDN'T I use CPVC? Am I not allowed to put it enclosed in a wall? I have no experience with copper pipes, but having experience soldering electrical...

CPVC Couplings [ 7 Answers ]

I am looking for a cpvc coupling that does not have a stop. Perhaps my local Lowe's just does not stock it, but it seems like a pretty normal item? They do stock one with a stop, but not without. Well, I am a pretty novice plumber but have done a few DIY repairs around the house. Perhaps I...

Cpvc [ 3 Answers ]

ortmanprop Newbie Join Date: Sep 2005 Posts: 0 Using CPVC -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- HI,

View more questions Search