Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TheresaScottswife Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2006, 06:46 PM
    Toilet Won't flush properly
    We recently purchased a 1998 Double Wide Manufactured Home. There are two toilets in the house on opposite ends. The one off the Master Bedroom works fine, but the other toilet will not flush properly. It will work for a couple of days without any problems and then it starts clogging and when you go to flush it the water will come to the top and will have to be plunged. We plunge it quite a number of times and then it will work fine for a few days and then the cycle starts over again. We had a plumber out who took the snake to the toilet and didn't find anything. Please let us know how to fix this problem as it gets frustrating when we can't use the toilet.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 6, 2006, 07:40 PM
    Expert
    There are many good plumbing experts here so they have better ideas, but I would look at the drop (grade) of the pipe to be sure there not an area where the pipe is level or even a little uphill. I had a friend with an older trailer and the pipes droped after a little while the wires holding the pipe up came loose and drooped causing the toilet to back up every few days. I am sure other experts here may have other great ideas

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet not flushing properly [ 11 Answers ]

One of my upstairs toilets is now flushing differently. When I flush, the water in the bowl rises until it nearly overflows, then it begins draining. However, it does not stop draining until the bowl is almost empty, well below the normal water level. The water level rising in the bowl indicates...

Toilet not flushing properly [ 20 Answers ]

My toilet just started filling up and very slowly draning until most of the water's gone, but it's not flushing the waste down with it. I've tried 3 times now. The tank empties and refills, the bowl fills up almost to the point of overflow and then VERY slowly drains. No flushing is happening....

Toilet will not flush completely [ 26 Answers ]

Hi, I had just found this forum and this is my first post. My elderly parents live in a 2 story old home with two bathrooms, one on each floor. The toilet on the ground level flushes fine. The one upstairs will not flush solids without filling up a bucket of water and emptying it in the toilet....

Toilet flush [ 17 Answers ]

I flushed the toilet, the water goes down from the tank, but it swirls around and around in the toilet bowl but does not flush. What is the problem. Help.

Toilet not flushing properly [ 4 Answers ]

Hello- We just bought a house, and we are having problems with our toilet flushing. When pushing the handle down, it begins the flushing process, but the second you let it go it stops. So we have to hold the handle down until the flushing part is over then we can let go & the toilet fills. ...

View more questions Search